Montreal is a fun, creative, and culturally vibrant city to visit, and the chances are that during your stay here, you’ll want to find some knick-knacks to remember your trip. Here are some off-the-beaten-track options where you can find special locally made, Montreal-inspired artisan souvenirs while exploring the city.
Situated in downtown Montreal, The Guild (La Guilde) is a great place to buy one-of-a-kind Aboriginal and Canadian artwork, crafts, and more. Also a gallery, you can explore the history and creativity of the people who originally inhabited the Island of Montreal and beyond through the evolution of the craftwork that indigenous cultures developed through generations upon generations.
The Guild, 1460 B Sherbrooke St W, Montreal, QC, Canada, +1 514 849 6091
Another popular spot found in Old Montreal, Les Délices de l’Érable et Cie is the place to go if you want sweet souvenirs to share—or to keep for yourself. The shop sells a variety of maple syrup creations, from bottles of the pure stuff to fudge, toffees, and naked goods. There’s also an on-site maple-themed museum and bistro.
Délices de l’Érable & Cie, 84 St Paul St E, Montreal, QC, Canada, +1 514 765 3456
Located in Old Montreal, Indianica has been operating for almost 40 years. This shop specializes in Native and Inuit arts and crafts made in Quebec, Canada, and across North America.
Indianica, 79 St Paul St E, Montreal, QC, Canada, +1 514 866 1267
If you’re looking for a more substantial souvenir to decorate your home, Jamais Assez on St-Laurent provides charming and unique contemporary art objects, many of which are made in Quebec by established or emerging designers. Items include furniture, cushions, and other home décor items, along with all kinds of accessories.
Jamais Assez, 5153 St-Laurent Blvd, Montreal, QC, Canada, +1 514 509 3709
Tresnormale is known for its print T-shirts featuring illustrations, maps, and photos of Montreal—its most famous streets, the city’s skyline, landmarks, metro stations, and more. Interested parties can buy the shirts, as well as tote bags and kidswear, online or in person at their shop located on Fairmont.
Since 1980, ONZE Montréal has been offering vintage-inspired, Montreal-designed clothing for women. Among the lace and florals, you can find city-branded items that include totes, T-shirts, notebooks, and even dresses printed with Montreal maps—all of which make great gifts and/or travel keepsakes. There are four locations across the city, including their popular St-Denis shop, and you can also purchase online.
ONZE Montréal, 4146 St-Denis St, Montreal, QC, Canada, +1 514 223 6938
Artpop on Mont-Royal is a boutique full of creative artisan items made by local artists. You’ll be sure to find a unique and original souvenir when browsing through the eclectic collection of gifts, jewelry, cards, posters, paper products, T-shirts, and accessories. All creations are handmade in Montreal.
Artpop, 129 Mont-Royal Ave E, Montreal, QC, Canada, +1 514 843 3443
Created by Montreal fashion designer Sabrina Barilà, the immensely popular “La Montréalaise” sweaters and tote bags are now available in the designer’s must-visit boutique located in the Mile End neighborhood. You can also browse online, where you’ll also find other unique products that the shop offers.
Main and Local
Main and Local describes its products as being “city-inspired souvenirs and gifts that don’t suck.” In their online shop, you can buy Montreal-themed décor items, apparel, cards and prints, accessories, and novelty items. You can find Main and Local in Archambault locations across the city, among other stockists.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.