Looking for an amorous spot to romance your loved one (or hope-to-be loved one) in Toronto? You’ll have plenty of restaurants to choose from in this cosmopolitan Canadian city; but we list our top picks for the most romantic night out possible.
Auberge du Pommier
Auberge du Pommier, is an exquisite French restaurant that offers modern cuisine, impeccable service and an impressive 500 label wine selection. Diners can enjoy a romantic evening by the cozy wood-burning fireplaces in winter and on the lush, floral terraces in the summer.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
La Maquette has been voted the most romantic restaurant in Toronto numerous times due to its prize-winning architecture and its beautiful waterfall in the Sculpture Garden. There is also an indoor garden referred to as ‘the solarium’ as well as fireplaces on both levels. Due to La Maquette’s tantalizing menu and overall ambience, this restaurant has seen its fair share of proposals.
Cluny Bistro has won a clutch of awards, and its acknowledgements are well deserved. The restaurant itself is as stunning as its menu is impressive, offering all the classics as well as an extensive list of modern classic and innovative cocktails.
GEORGE Restaurant offers a range of options on its seasonal lunch and dinner menus; guests can choose from an à la carte tasting or GEORGE’s signature Chef’s Choice, a three- or four-course lunch or five-, seven- and ten-course dinner options.
Pure Spirits Oyster Bar & Grill
Think of a ‘romantic’ food and most people think of oysters, and Pure Spirits Oyster Bar & Grill in the Distillery District specializes in this well-known aphrodisiac. Believed to be one of the best places in the city for seafood, it is also popular for its history and elegant ambience. In addition to the vast selection of oysters, there are plenty of delicious options, such as mussels, lobster and halibut and a long cocktail menu made with premium spirits.
The 360 Restaurant is one of Toronto’s finest restaurants and features unforgettable Canadian cuisine combined with an outstanding view of the city from a height of 1,150 feet. The restaurant’s combination of low lighting, outstanding views, delicious local foods, and an extensive wine list mean that it should be high on everyone’s list for a romantic evening.
Lolita’s Lust Restaurant & Bar
Lolita’s Lust Restaurant & Bar is a Bohemian destination that serves an eclectic, Mediterranean-inspired menu, along with a modern cocktail list. This upscale and cozy restaurant offers a delightful range of fish and meat dishes from around the globe, on a menu that is 70 percent gluten free.
The Keg Mansion is rich in history and is still a prominent downtown heritage building. Look through the restaurant martini menu while deciding on your main course. The interior is full of fireplaces, geometric tiles, high ceilings, chandeliers, arched doorways, and luxurious drapery. This ain’t your regular Keg joint.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.