Want to stare out at the city from a rooftop jacuzzi? Enjoy an in-room massage? Indulge in one of the country’s most expensive facials? In a city as vibrant as Montreal, it’s reassuring to know you have a tranquil hotel to retreat to at the end of a busy day of sightseeing. Embrace Quebec’s joie de vivre along the Saint Lawrence River at these top spa and wellness hotels in Montreal, Canada.
This hip hotel spa is located on the terrace level – which helps emphasize the feeling that you are indeed getting away from it all. Feel free to wear your robe as you wander around the oasis of calm. The spa at this hotel features a complete thermal circuit and small fitness room, and there are even spots to sunbathe (weather permitting) on the roof. You can also go for a soak in the outdoor rooftop jacuzzi.
An elegant five-star hotel with a pool in the center of the city, the property features one of Montreal’s most expansive spas. Swim in the indoor saltwater pool after a day pounding the streets, wind down in the Swedish sauna or soothe your sore muscles in the rooftop hot tub as you feast on amazing downtown vistas. The spacious, sun-filled gym is a wonderful place to work on your abs.
At the center of the city’s Golden Square Mile, this opulent Montréal hotel with a jacuzzi and pool houses one of the city’s most top-end wellness centers. The exquisite spa is highlighted by water features, fireplaces and a large indoor saltwater pool with stunning city panoramas. There’s an impressive array of treatments, as well as a room dedicated to salon and nail services, a relaxation lounge, and a steam room and sauna. Treat yourself to the maple syrup sugar nail treatment, which uses real pure Canadian maple syrup.
This historic property in Old Montreal features the decadent Rainspa, spanning 3,000sqft (278sqm). It is well known for its beautiful hammam, a traditional Middle Eastern steam bath, with two private rooms, allowing guests to receive treatments surrounded by soothing eucalyptus vapors. On top of this, there are a further eight treatment rooms spread over two floors of the hotel, offering everything from Dermalogica facials to Swedish massages. Bonus: the restaurant will deliver dishes to the spa’s relaxation room.
Sophisticated Le Mount Stephen services its guests’ minds, bodies and souls at Mbiospa Prestige. The spa features a wide range of pampering facials and body treatments. Therapeutic massages include speciality treatments like prenatal and deep tissue massage. Be sure to try one of the spa’s Signature Escapes like the Fragrant Escape, which enrobes you in warm colors and enchanting scents. In a rush? Go for the Express Care facial and be rejuvenated in 35 minutes flat.
On the hunt for a unique way to relax? You could always reserve a night or two in the hotel’s John Lennon and Yoko Ono Suite, where the song Give Peace a Chance is said to have been composed and recorded. Otherwise, give the large indoor pool at this hotel in Montréal a go. The new Moment Spa has serenity-inducing white marble floors and Zen-like decor. There are also three deluxe manicure/pedicure stations and eight treatment rooms where you can escape from it all with an invigorating massage.
A study in over-the-top opulence, this incredibly luxurious hotel lays claim to an incredible spa. The Valmont spa Hotel Birks offers an extensive menu of soothing and customized face, body and beauty treatments. The signature 90-minute face and neck treatment, l’Elixir des Glaciers, is reputed to be one of the most coveted (and expensive) facials in town. Other specialities include the decadent couples’ massage and a revitalizing mother-to-be massage.
The acclaimed 5,600sqft (520sqm) luxury Spa William Gray offers exclusive Gharieni spa beds that feature a healing warm quartz massage or a Spa Wave sound therapy system. You can also take a tour of the luxurious hot and cold thermal pools at this Montréal hotel, Himalayan salt room, Finnish sauna and steam room. In the summer months, the outdoor pool is especially inviting.
Hotel Le St-James is a landmark historic hotel, centrally located in Old Montreal. If getting lost in Montreal’s narrow, cobblestoned streets doesn’t provide enough exercise, guests can visit the hotel’s full-sized gym filled with state-of-the-art equipment and free weights. Loosen up those tight muscles at luxe Le Spa, which features an enticing menu of massage and beauty treatments. A favorite is the rassoul body wrap, which uses a Moroccan mud rich in minerals to soften and detoxify the skin.
If you’re looking for more spenny options, check out our pick of luxury hotels in Montreal. Guarantee a gorgeous historical view by booking one of the best hotels in Old Montreal with Culture Trip. For more accommodation choices, check into one of the best hotels in Montreal.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.