Vancouver is a beautiful city, but it is also known as one of the most expensive cities in North America. Fortunately, going on a date with your special someone doesn’t have to break the bank. Check out these fun free and cheap date ideas for Vancouver couples.
Vancouver TheatreSports™ League is the city’s number one improv comedy company. They do 11 shows a week, 52 weeks a year, entertaining more than 60,000 people along the way. Join the crowd and have a laugh alongside your loved one. Regular adult tickets range from $15.75 to $24.25. However, on Sundays, they are discounted to $8.75 for the 7:30 pm show. Current shows include OK Tinder—Swipe Right Comedy, Oh Canada—The True North Strong and Funny, and #NoFilter—The LOL of TMI.
Vancouver TheatreSports™ League, 1502 Duranleau Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, +1 604 738 7013
Picnic in the park
A picnic may be an old-school date option, but it’s also one of the best. Head to Queen Elizabeth Park to watch the sunset over the city. Alternatively, Stanley Park has a lot of beautiful picnic spots and also has free movies after sunset on Tuesdays in July and August, which would perfectly complement your picnic. A third option is Rocky Point Park in Port Moody. Its ice cream store, Rocky Point Ice Cream, is one of the cheapest and best in the Greater Vancouver Area.
Stanley Park, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Queen Elizabeth Park, 4600 Cambie Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada
Rocky Point Park, 2800 Murray Street, Port Moody, BC, Canada
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Board game night
Another date night favorite from past decades, you can enjoy board games at home or in one of Vancouver’s board game-friendly restaurants. Storm Crow Tavern is known as Vancouver’s original nerd bar, as it has an outstanding board game collection. The best part is that the food is reasonably priced, and they have weekly specials, so it’s still a cheap and fun date idea. Pizzeria Ludica is another option, as they have over 800 board games from which to choose!
Storm Crow Tavern, 1305 Commercial Drive, Vancouver, BC, Canada, +1 604 566 9669
Pizzeria Ludica, 189 Keefer Place, Vancouver, BC, Canada, +1 604 669 5552
Although going to a concert of a world-renowned musician will hurt the budget, there are many free and cheap live music performances happening across Vancouver every week. LiveVan is a great website, which lists many of the live music performances, including who, where, and how much it costs. There are also many pubs on Granville Street—and around Gastown—which feature live music weekly, such as the iconic The Roxy, which has been known for hosting the city’s best nights out for 27 years.
The Roxy Cabaret, 932 Granville Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, +1 604 331 7999
The HR MacMillan Space Centre in Vancouver is “like no place on earth.” In the evening, it costs $13 for adults to experience both a Planetarium Star Theatre Show and the Gordon Southam Observatory. However, visiting only the Observatory is by donation. It’s open on Friday and Saturday nights from 8 pm to midnight. The Observatory features a half-meter Cassegrain telescope, which allows you to stargaze and observe the skies around Vancouver, alongside your date.
HR MacMillan Space Centre, 1100 Chestnut Street, Vancouver, BC, Canada, +1 604 738 7827
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.