The UAE‘s glamour-magnet city does sky’s-the-limit luxury like nowhere else, so for a villa holiday with A-list levels of comfort, you’d be hard-pressed to beat Dubai. Whether a standalone rental or a plush villa within a manicured resort complex, your choice of deluxe digs will place you beside sun-drenched public beaches, beats-pumping beach clubs, skyscraper restaurants and futuristic architecture.
The Sunshine Villa
Set beside a sizeable private pool with its own veiled seating area, this swish villa has all of the comforts of home – think plump ecru sofas, pastel accent chairs, a breakfast bar, earthy ceramics and even a playtime tipi for kids. Sleeping up to nine – and including a room with bunk beds – it’s located in Sidra, among homes belonging to the wealthy families of Dubai. It’s also handily close to Dubai’s Marina, Palm development (for beach clubs and spas) and the enormous Mall of the Emirates, with its indoor ski slope.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Los Palma’s Beachfront Villa
Set along one of the fronds of the sought-after Palm development, which juts into the Arabian Gulf, this villa has a kitschy, tropical Floridian feel courtesy of shell-pink sofas, flamingo paintings, palm-print wallpaper and a flapper-esque fringed chandelier. Five bedrooms, a full-sized lagoon-view pool and a chic, spacious dining room make it a top choice for groups of friends.
Palm Jumeirah Beachfront Villa Frond L
With high ceilings, wide windows and soft, pale decor, this five-bedroom, beachfront villa is flooded with natural light to ensure a bright start to every morning. A long, slim pool skirts one side of the house, while bedrooms come in cream, pale gold and taupe to extend that luxury feel. A giant, up-to-the-minute kitchen means you can cook up a storm (or organise a private chef) for long, luxuriant dinners and lunches. Best of all is the doorstep access to the beach.
Royal Five-Bedroom Villa in Palm Jumeirah
Also on the sought-after Palm, this modern five-bedroom rental spices things up with angular lime-green sofas, geometric scatter cushions and retro gold-velvet bed frames. Walk-in closets give you space to spread out, and a concierge service will even store your luggage around check-in and check-out times. The best bit? The colonnaded terrace, which looks out to a sliver of beach and pale jade waters – all within a few minutes’ walk.
Two-Bedroom Skyline View Villa
Undeniably one of the most glamorous resorts in Dubai, the relatively new Bulgari Resort has killer villas that wouldn’t look out of place in the Maldives. They come with their own wooden decks, plunge pools and huge open-plan living rooms, each with a full-sized bar. This two-bedroom unit has dazzling views of the city’s glinting glass-and-steel jungle, plus ample garden space and a private butler on hand for your every whim. For dining, reserve a table at the hotel’s five-star restaurant and bar, or hide away in your own abode for a special home-cooked meal.
Anantara Two-Bedroom Beach Pool Villa
The Anantara Resort sits along one of the outer, curved islands of Palm Jumeirah – its tiered, Thai-style villas topped with distinctive mini-stupas. A stay here gives you a spacious living area that opens up to a private terrace with its own mosaic-tiled infinity pool. If you ever grow tired of that, you need only take five or six steps to find yourself on the beach. The resort’s spa is one of the city’s finest, too – a scrub and lather in its traditional hammam is a must.
Two-Bedroom Beachfront Villa, One and Only the Palm
Despite the name, there are actually two One and Only resorts in Dubai – the Palm’s outpost is the preferred choice for ultra-luxury travellers. Located right next to the soft sandy beach, its two-bed villas are famed for their generous patios, with shaded loungers and daybeds alongside a cooling azure plunge pool. Interiors are expensively furnished in pearl and oyster, with plenty of texture and traditional carved-wood motifs. And when you’re not splashing around in the sea, there’s a vast, palm-trimmed swimming pool at your disposal, too.
Ultimate Villa, Nikki Beach
Slightly uptown, close to the airport and downtown business area, beach club Nikki Beach has brought an ice-white, rosé-clinking brand of Ibiza party glamour to Dubai. This two-storey villa is an architect’s dream: all blinding whites and ceiling-high glass, with a full-sized pool out front. Sleeping six, its curvaceous sofas and pebble-smooth bathtubs channel a spa-like serenity – plus there’s a broad first-floor, sea-view terrace large enough to host a party, if that’s on your agenda.
The Lodge Villa
Towering ceilings, palatial white-and-gold living rooms and a pool big enough to host half the neighbourhood – renting a Lodge Villa at the Palm’s Sofitel resort is the closest you’ll get to taking over your own private hotel. As well as a cushy living space and tropical gardens, there’s a rooftop terrace, a gym and a barbecue area for al fresco meals. A private butler will even sort out anything from sourcing your preferred brand of gin to booking restaurants and excursions.
Ocean Summerhouse, Dar Al Masyaf
Just behind buzzy Jumeirah Beach, Dar Al Masyaf resort is notable for its hushed, exotic gardens and traditional Arabian summerhouses, each built around a super-private courtyard and laced with a private pool. With 10 king-size bedrooms, you could host a wedding here – or one heck of a party – and the terracotta-and-wood exterior, with its Emirati wind towers, adds that layer of authenticity. The Jumeirah complex it sits on has one of the city’s best pampering spots, too: the ultra-luxe Talise Spa.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.