Private beaches glisten around every corner in this United Arab Emirates city. Whether you’re looking for live DJ sets on the sands at FIVE Palm Jumeirah or water sports at Anantara the Palm, these glitzy resorts in Dubai have you covered – and are easily bookable via Culture Trip.
Welcome to the first Caesars Palace outside of Las Vegas. It’s a glitzy non-gaming resort with a trendy private beach club, a Pantheon-style theatre, a cutting-edge spa and a restaurant by Gordon Ramsay. The 500m (1,650ft) pristine private beach edges the crystal clear waters of the Arabian Gulf. Dive in for a swim, hire a jet ski or kick back in a private cabana. The hotel is on the manmade Bluewaters Island next to Ain Dubai, the world’s tallest observation wheel.
The best thing about staying at a resort is the feeling of being cocooned from reality. At this Waldorf Astoria outpost, you’ll find one of the most serene private beaches in Dubai. It’s a 200m (650ft) curve of silky sand, not far from the two hotel swimming pools. Mornings are quieter, with sun loungers filling up as the day gets going. Stay hydrated on the unlimited hotel-branded bottled water or treat yourself to a cocktail in between swims.
You may have experienced the chic Nikki Beach vibes in one of its exotic outposts in Ibiza, St-Tropez or Koh Samui. Here, in Dubai, you’ll find the same snow-white furnishings and pristine desert island sands on its private beach. Pop champagne in swanky cabanas, while you spot celebrities and VIPs dancing on the stage in the main pool. The resort has four restaurants and lounges, as well as Nikki Spa and Tone Gym. It’s all about the balance.
A beautiful stretch of sugary white sand with umbrella-topped loungers? Sounds good to us. Want a mojito or club sandwich while you sunbathe? Just send a WhatsApp message to the friendly staff and – hey presto – you’ve got it. This five-star hotel is linked to Le Méridien Mina Seyahi hotel’s beach club next door, so you can use all five swimming pools, in-water sunbeds and outdoor workout sessions between the two resorts.
Laze around all day under the silhouette of one of Dubai’s most iconic landmarks, Atlantis, the Palm, a near identical counterpart to the original incarnation in the Bahamas. The private beach here attracts a mix of tourists, celebrities and influencers but never feels overcrowded. Friendly staff are on hand to tend to your needs – whether that is cleaning your sunglasses or delivering your third cocktail. Dance barefoot in the sand to live music acts and international DJs, smoke shisha or take on some adrenaline-fuelled water sports.
Summersalt beach club is a tranquil, hidden away spot, favoured by low-key locals. The pool is flanked by swaying palm trees, with DJs playing ambient tunes and staff serving up a menu of fresh seafood, juicy burgers and salads. It’s the perfect spot for a romantic beach day with uninterrupted views of Burj Al Arab and its surrounding calm turquoise waters. It’s a small and intimate set-up, so it’s well worth making a reservation in advance.
How does this sound as the perfect day? A skincare treatment in the Guerlain Spa in the morning before heading out for a blissful afternoon on a secluded stretch of sand in an oversized cabana. You won’t be in view of any other resorts either, thanks to the hotel’s position at the very end of Dubai’s famous palm-shaped Jumeirah outcrop. Arrive in style by using a boat service from Dubai Media City and book some water sports and sea fishing while you’re here.
This super hip hotel attracts a young bouji crowd to its 150m (500ft) private beach. There are plenty of sun loungers and cabanas under a luxurious outdoor chandelier. The fun never stops here, thanks to a slew of restaurants, bars and a beachside nightclub. Put your wine glass down long enough to enjoy a Mediterranean menu, including healthy wraps and salads, tacos and truffle mac and cheese. Get in early for a laid-back post-workout brunch and stay until DJs start spinning house disco tunes as the sun sinks.
This is all about five-star luxury with panoramic ocean views. The sight of Dubai’s skyscrapers will remind you this isn’t a tropical island. The private beach attracts a more muted crowd than other lively beach clubs in the city. It’s popular with families and couples, as well as frazzled party people in search of tranquility. If you’re feeling energised, water sports are available, or you can just bask in the nearby infinity pool overlooking the Arabian Gulf.
If beaches bring out your active side, this stretch of silky sand could be the perfect launch pad for some seaside escapades. Located on the Palm Jumeirah, this five-star Thai-inspired resort boasts 400m (1,300ft) of private beach and a network of swimming lagoons that lead to the shore. Embrace new adventures such as fishing or diving, water-skiing or wakeboarding, kayaking or beach volley. Afterwards, kick back with a cold beer to close the day.
Not quite what you had in mind? Try an all-inclusive holiday at one of the best resorts in Dubai, all bookable on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.