There’s no doubt that Hatta is one of the most beautiful places in the entire UAE. While largely unknown, this is the perfect spot to run away from the busy life in Dubai and enjoy a quiet day amidst the country’s nature. With massive mountains and natural pools of crystalline waters, Hatta is ideal for lovers of the outdoors.
See the Beautiful Sights
The first and most important thing to do in Hatta is to take in all the sights. There are so many beautiful things to see in every direction, it’s a magnificent place to see mountains and take some epic pictures. Other than the rocky mountains, visitors to Hatta can see blue skies and of course, the stunning Hatta pools. The one-hour drive from Dubai in itself is worth the trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Hatta has its own mountain bike trail and is certainly one of the best places to go cycling in the whole country. Here, visitors can bring their own bikes or even rent them when they get to the trail at Wolfi’s Dubai. The trails are free for anyone and have several different levels, from beginners to advanced, giving everyone the chance to cycle through the beautiful wadis.
Kayak in the Hatta Dam
With the extremely hot weather in Dubai for several months, visitors are constantly looking for an excuse to get wet. The Hatta Dam is probably the best spot in Dubai to do so. The natural body of turquoise water allows visitors to kayak and standup paddle, enjoying the gorgeous view of the mountains which surround the dam. This is the perfect thing to do all year round.
Although Dubai is best known for luxury travel, there’s plenty of opportunity for active tourism in the city. Perhaps one of the most underrated activities to do in Dubai is hiking, and Hatta is one of the most scenic spots to do it. Here, people can hike through the wadis and mountains, but it’s important to come prepared and bring plenty of water in order to combat the heat.
Visit the Hatta Heritage Village
Although enjoying the dam and sights may be the first thing that comes to mind when people think of Hatta, the spot is also rich in history. Home to one of the most important historical sights, the Hatta Heritage Village, which dates back to around 3,000 years. The spot welcomes people to see what life was like thousands of years ago, with original artifacts, documents and more, making for one of the most epic museums in the region.
Stay at the Hatta Fort Hotel
The JA Hatta Fort Hotel is the perfect spot for people to stay the night for a mountain escape. The hotel is populated by chalet-style rooms and gives a contrast from the massive resorts found in the rest of Dubai. This is ideal for those who want to turn a trip to Hatta into a weekend getaway and have an opportunity to look up and see the stars at night, a sight rare in Dubai due to all the light from its skyscrapers.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.