Temperatures in Dubai are rapidly dropping and perfect weather is soon to follow. Winter in Dubai is a great time to get outdoors and enjoy the lovely breeze that comes with this time of the year. There’s no shortage of options for fun activities to try – so everyone should head out and enjoy the beautiful weather!
Hit the beach
Beach season is here and Dubai residents are rejoicing. It’s the perfect time to get a tan and enjoy the refreshing sea water (in summer even the sea gets warm!) There is a vast variety of beaches to pick from, so whether you prefer playing sports on the sand or drinking at beach clubs, there’s an option for all lifestyles.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Dubai has a large selection of camping spots with many different backdrops for people to enjoy a night under the stars. Driving away from the city lights offers campers a chance to properly see the stunning cloudless skies. Some of the best camping options in Dubai are the Al Qudra desert and the Hatta Dam. The first offers a jaw-dropping view of dunes and the second allows visitors to not only enjoy the mountains, but also water sports, like kayaking, in the dam.
Golf is one of the favorite sports in Dubai, with major competitions taking place in the city. This is an exciting and relaxing way to spend the day outside, surrounded by freshly cut green grass. Although there are several golf courses in Dubai, one of the best is the Emirates Golf Club, where people are allowed to play both during the day and the night, it is the only night golf spot in Dubai.
Emirates Golf Club, Emirates Hills 2, +971 4 417 9999
The fitness industry in Dubai is fast growing, with people finding the best and trendiest places to workout around town. However, a favorite for all of the city’s fitness lovers is an outdoor workout. There are many options, from cycling to jogging by the beach and even stand up paddle boarding. This is a fantastic way to stay fit while still enjoying the city’s views and soaking up some vitamin D.
Visit the desert
Dubai is famous worldwide for the desert from which the city rose. A popular option for tourists is desert safaris where they can enjoy the full Bedouin experience while getting a glimpse of what the city was like before skyscrapers took over. This can be done year round without getting too warm, as temperatures tend to drop in the desert. Visitors can go dune bashing, ride camels and even enjoy a traditional Arabic barbecue.
Although it may seem unexpected, Dubai is huge on parties. The city has a large variety of clubs, pubs and bars for all different tastes. Beach parties are very popular and the perfect way to have fun while still enjoying the outdoors. Seasonally, there are also more and more outdoor events during winter and spring months for both residents and visitors to enjoy the pleasant weather.
The Gold and Spice Souks are two of the most popular tourist attractions in Dubai. Even for those who don’t necessarily wish to shop, they are the perfect place to take in the culture of the city and see a more simple side of it. Both souks are traditional bazaar-style markets, located outdoors and offering people the chance to walk around the tiny spice stands and the breathtaking gold stores.
For anyone seeking a thrill, Dubai Parks and Resorts is a must-visit spot in the city. Located on the road to Abu Dhabi, the venue combines four different theme parks, including a Legoland themed waterpark and a Bollywood Park. There are fun rides and shows for all ages and it is a fantastic place to enjoy the outdoors with the whole family. The spot also has an array of restaurants covering many cuisines and offering a great outdoor dining experience.
Dubai Parks and Resorts, Sheikh Zayed Road, +971 800 2629464
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.