Dubai residents wait for winter all year long. Indeed, those three months of the year are the most anticipated and enjoyed ones, with people talking about winter year-round and counting down the days. After all, Dubai takes on a new face during this season, which makes the entire city one of the best to visit in the Middle East during winter.
Temperatures are actually bearable
Anyone who lives in Dubai will complain about the weather at least 10 times a day during summer. After all, temperatures rise as high as 50°C (122°F), making it impossible to be outdoors without dehydrating. However, winter in the city has weather that is not only bearable—it’s actually delightful! People will find any excuse to be outside during winter in Dubai and take advantage of the brief period of time when the city has a breeze and comfortable temperatures.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Winter is beach season
Beach season is an exciting time all around the world. People simply love tanning and enjoying the sea water. However, in Dubai, that is done during winter. Since it’s too hot outside during the rest of the year, this is the season to work on the perfect tan. For those who are looking for a winter destination that does not involve coats and gloves, booking a trip to Dubai will guarantee that they’ll only have to pack swimsuits.
New Year’s in Dubai is a blast
Dubai is known worldwide for its New Year’s festivities. There is no shortage of ways to spend New Year’s Eve (NYE) in the city. Whether one wants to spend it on the beach or in a luxurious hotel watching the Burj Khalifa fireworks, one thing is for sure: New Year’s in Dubai is always fun. People start planning their NYE months in advance, picking the perfect dress—yes, the weather is perfect to wear short dresses, with no need for jackets and such—and choosing the best venue from which to view the epic fireworks.
All the best events take place in winter
Dubai is big on events. They can focus on fitness, fashion, music or food, and they are a way that the city keeps its residents and visitors entertained year-round. However, most of the best and biggest events actually take place in winter. Anything from the biggest concerts in town to the Dubai Duty Free Tennis Championship takes place at the beginning of the year when the weather is good enough to be outside.
It’s the perfect time to get fit
Trying to stay fit is a constant job that should be executed throughout the year. However, when the temperature is boiling, and a run outside is an outrageous concept, this can be a bit of a challenge. Winter encourages people to be outside running, biking and simply staying active. Many gyms start to offer outdoor classes during the colder months of the year because Dubai’s fit residents crave the fresh air.
The city is pumping
Dubai is always a busy city. However, winter is the peak season for tourism, and the city becomes full of new faces from all around the world, exciting the residents and giving Dubai a new energy that it does not have in any other season. Clubs have more people than usual, and events are packed. People are outdoors spending time with each other. This pumping stream of people feeds Dubai’s livelihood and makes it an even more pleasant place to be.
Sunsets are epic
Locals and tourists get their phones ready to capture the best sunset pictures of the year during winter. Unfortunately, summer gives the city a gloomy sky due to excessive heat and humidity. However, winter paints the Dubai skies all shades of orange and pink, which makes some of the most breathtaking sunsets in the world. It’s common for people to plan their night out around the sunset so that they can watch the sun go down in the beautiful and colorful sky.
Winter is camping season
For those looking for any good reason to be outside, camping is a fantastic way in which to enjoy the weather and make the most of the cooler temperatures. People in Dubai will commonly head to the desert in order to camp, where the temperature drops even lower. It gives them a real chance to be cold, something that is very rare in Dubai, with the exception of air conditioning.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.