Dubai has made headlines time and time again because of its splendid fireworks show on New Year’s Eve, making it one of the best destinations for tourists to start a new year. During the holiday season, Dubai becomes packed with people and almost every venue in the city offers a fantastic New Year’s experience, including dinners, galas and parties. Whether one is willing to drop some serious money on starting their year right or wishes to hit midnight while staying on a budget, there’s no shortage of incredible places in Dubai in which to spend this special occasion.
Free views of the fireworks
All public beaches in Dubai welcome residents and tourists on New Year’s Eve to watch the fireworks show. Perhaps the most epic view can be seen from Sunset Beach, right next to one of Dubai’s main postcard locations, the Burj Al Arab. The world-renowned 7 star hotel hosts one of the most beautiful fireworks shows in the city, and Sunset Beach is the perfect place to watch it from. In order to spend absolutely nothing while washing away the year, this is the place to head. The beach becomes extremely packed, so it’s crucial to arrive early.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Al Sufouh Beach
What can be better than watching the Burj Al Arab fireworks for free? Watching both the Burj Al Arab and The Palm Jumeirah fireworks at once – also for free. Al Sufouh Beach is strategically located in between these two major attraction, both known for their New Year’s fireworks. The beach is opened to the public year-round, and gets packed during New Year’s Eve. The awesome thing about this beach is that people can actually drive their cars onto the sand, making it ever so convenient and comfortable to watch the show for free.
The best views
Jumeirah Beach Hotel
For those who want to watch the Burj Al Arab fireworks in a bit more comfort than standing on a public beach, Jumeirah Beach Hotel is the perfect destination. The wave-shaped hotel is one of the most popular in the city and is located right in front of the Burj Al Arab. The hotel has a selection of restaurants that put on New Year’s celebrations. Prices vary from 595 AED at the Palm Court, to 3,750 AED at the Starry Night Arena. All food and beverage outlets offer a free flow of house beverages for the evening, including champagne to toast the New Year.
Jumeirah Beach Hotel, Jumeirah Beach Road, +971 4 348 0000
Souk Madinat Jumeirah
The Souk Madinat Jumeirah is known for having one of the most unique views of the Burj Al Arab, overlooking its water canals. This makes it an ideal spot from which to watch the fireworks on New Year’s Eve. The traditional Arab-style market has dozens of restaurants and bars in which to spend the last few minutes of the year, and caters to all kinds of budgets. It’s important to book in advance; be aware that outdoor seating is considerably more expensive on this celebratory occasion.
Souk Madinat Jumeirah, Al Sufouh Road, +971 4 366 8888
Jumeirah Emirates Towers
For those looking to escape the Burj Al Arab crowd, heading to Jumeirah Emirates Towers is a fantastic idea. The tallest building in the world provides viewers with an unforgettable midnight show, and Dubai’s twin towers are the perfect place to watch it from. With restaurant rates varying from 300 AED to 950 AED on this big night, the Jumeirah Emirates Towers is an attractive option for many different budgets.
Jumeirah Emirates Towers, Sheikh Zayed Road, +971 4 330 0000
Souk Al Bahar
Undoubtedly the most fantastic location from which to watch the Burj Khalifa fireworks and spend New Year’s Eve in Dubai, Souk Al Bahar is located right next to Dubai Mall. Although the Dubai Mall does not serve alcohol, food and beverage outlets in Souk Al Bahar do, so you can toast to the new year.
Souk Al Bahar, Downtown Dubai, +971 4 362 7011
New Year’s in style
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray
This place offers lavish cuisine, premium champagne and an exquisite view of the Palm Jumeirah fireworks. Jumeirah Zabeel Saray is a hotel in which people go to spend New Year’s Eve in style. It’s a place for those who are willing to spend a little more on their New Year’s festivities, with prices as high as 2,900 AED. The luxurious hotel has impeccable decor and will make for an unforgettable start to the new year.
Jumeirah Zabeel Saray, The Palm Jumeirah, +971 4 453 0000
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.