Lose yourself in the magic of Oman where mountains, desert and a twinkling coastline keep you enthralled. The capital Muscat is a gem, with charming souks, a historical centre and the Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque, home to the world’s second-largest chandelier. With top-rated hotels dotted across the country, offering sublime landscapes and dreamy views by day and by night, there’s no shortage of beautiful places to stay in Oman. Here’s our guide to Oman’s best hotels, bookable with Culture Trip.
Lap up Caribbean-esque ocean views at this smart beachside spot in the southern city of Salalah. Enjoy the vista from your sun lounger or make a splash in the 800sqm (8,610sqft) infinity pool. If you’re looking to elevate your holiday, check into one of the hotel’s salubrious Jacuzzi suites. On the activity front, yoga, kayaking, jet skiing and tennis are among the offerings.
When it comes to unique, this hotel in northern Oman tops the list. The entire property is housed within 50 white tents, with wind-whipped dunes forming the backdrop. Don’t be deceived by the word tent – this is glamping with a capital G. Think air conditioning, rich wood furnishings, plush beds and roomy bathrooms. There’s even a spa where you can take a rejuvenating sand bath. The open-sided restaurant and bar allow you to survey the night sky from your dining table while tucking into Omani, Western, and Indian-inspired cuisine.
Envelope yourself in luxury at this coastal spot, with elegant interiors and exteriors to fuel your social media feed. Located on the fringes of Salalah in southern Oman, the white-sand beach and turquoise waters will prise you from the comfortable confines of your room. The 44m-long (144ft) infinity pool is another lure, along with the state-of-the-art spa and speciality restaurants.
Prepare to be wowed by this remote Bond villain-style resort, nestled among the mountains above a stretch of beach on Oman’s northern Musandam Peninsula. The serene villas and suites are fashioned after traditional Omani homes, with natural stone and timber exteriors. All rooms have private pools and sun terraces. When it comes to dining, there’s a tempting spread on offer, with a hilltop restaurant and authentic Bedouin eatery on the beach just two of the highlights.
Conveniently located 10 minutes from Muscat airport, this palatial beachfront property immediately whisks you to another world. You’re spoiled for choice with the facilities on offer. Fancy a spot of bowling? Then head to the slick alley. In need of a massage? Visit the sparkling spa to soothe your senses. Rooms and suites feature sumptuous furnishings (think polished stone floors and rich fabrics) with the restaurants and communal areas following suit.
Explore the charming region of Salalah from this one-of-a-kind eco-resort smack bang on the shores of the Indian Ocean. There are 21 palm-roofed bungalows, with Tiki-style interiors and natural stone-clad bathrooms with open-air showers. Hit the restaurant to sample tasty Arabian food while nature enthusiasts can feast their eyes on the local wildlife with camels, dolphins and birds among the residents.
Get a true taste of desert life at this unique Bedouin-style camp. Tents and mud-clad huts are peppered among dunes forming the Sharqiya Sands region. The remote area is around a three-hour drive south of Muscat. Dig into local cuisine at the restaurant or the traditional way, sitting on rugs around a campfire. The sunrises and sunsets are epic, as are the starry night skies.
Check in for a swanky city break at Muscat’s Platinum Hotel, which is conveniently located for a spot of retail therapy and sightseeing. For keen golfers, another perk of this polished place is the nearby golf course. On the accommodation side of things, the bedrooms are spacious with red and gold hues setting a regal tone. Soothe your body with a dip in the open-air roof pool or there’s a spa if you’re after a bit more of a pamper.
Looking for more places to stay in Oman? With glorious weather, stunning scenery and romantic hotels galore, Oman is the perfect honeymoon destination. Whether you’re visiting for romance or culture, you’ll want to book a stay in Oman’s elegant capital of Muscat, the historic port city. Wherever your itinerary takes you, be sure to book your stay with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.