Muscat is a perfect reflection of Oman’s mind-blowing attractions and beauty, which makes it an unmissable destination for those seeking a relaxing escape. That’s why we have gathered the best beaches to visit in Muscat to enjoy its pure crystal turquoise waters and golden sandy beaches.
Al Bustan Beach
Al Bustan Beach is part of Al Bustan Palace, which is one of the most famous and luxurious hotels in Muscat. It also has the longest private beach in the country. Between its green gardens and high-quality service, visitors can enjoy a wide range of activities like kayaking, snorkelling and sailing.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Shatti Al Qurum
Shatti Al Qurum, or Al Qurum Beach, is located on the northern coast. It is part of one of Muscat’s upscale residential areas, known as Muscat’s Diplomatic District. It is also close to some of Muscat’s most luxurious hotels, like the Grand Hyatt, as well as unique restaurants, cafes and the Royal Opera House.
A post shared by Amira M S (@amira_ms) on Jan 24, 2018 at 11:45am PST
Qantab Beach is located in the small village of Qantab, a few minutes away from Muscat on a small bay. What is special about this beach is the exceptional experience it provides visitors. They can enjoy unique Omani architecture, the beautiful craftsmanship of the local fishing boats, the pleasant atmosphere and the generous Omani hospitality and friendliness.
Sifah Beach is located near Jebel Sifah, which means Sifah Mountain, on the eastern coast of Muscat. The beach is distinguished by its white sands that have few rocky outcrops stretched over it. Visitors can enjoy several sea activities and barbecues on this lovely beach.
#oman #muscat #sifah #sifahbeach #sunrise #camping #middleeast #easylife #desert #beach
A post shared by Raúl Izquierdo (@izquierdoso16) on May 11, 2017 at 9:21am PDT
Al Jissah Beach is part of the luxurious Al Jissah Resort & Spa hotel complex, that can be accessed by non-residents for a fee of 20 Omani Rials (GBP 36.65 / US $51.94). The beach is surrounded by amazing green spaces that are part of the hotel. It also offers several wellness and sports activities for visitors.
#رحلة_بحرية الى #الخيران في #مسقط #عمان #الامارات #السعودية #قطر #البحرين #دبي #الدوحة #بحر #جبال #Oman #uae #sea #mountains #fun #sun #sunrise #شروق
A post shared by Yasser Al Qassimi (@yalqasmi) on Nov 19, 2016 at 8:23am PST
This beach is located near the Kalbuh Park in Muttrah. It is one of the best places to go swimming in Muscat. They even offer free swimming classes. With a great view of the park, the surrounding mountain and the turquoise waters, Kalbuh Beach is one of the must-visit beaches in Muscat.
Yiti Beach is one of the most mind-blowing natural hidden gems in Oman. This beach is the perfect spot for camping and picnicking. It is surrounded by rocky edges and mountains, which makes it a great place for isolation and relaxation.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.