Al Qurum Beach
Al Qurum is one of the most famous suburbs – and one of the most naturally-attractive spots – in Muscat. It is specifically known for its spectacular beach that is covered in golden sand and has magnificent views over the Gulf’s turquoise waters. Al Qurum Beach is one of the top natural attractions in Oman and one of the top destinations Muscat is famous for.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Al Alam Palace
The Al Alam Palace is one of the six royal residences of the Sultan Qaboos Bin Said, Oman‘s leader. It was built by Imam Sultan Bin Ahmad, who is the seventh grandfather of the Sultan Qaboos, which means the palace holds a history of over 200 years. The palace is surrounded by the two magnificent forts of Al Jalali and Al Mirani, located on Muscat‘s harbour. Al Alam Palace has an elegant style with polished marble surfaces and wooden balconies, which keeps Oman‘s traditional architecture alive.
The Muscat Festival is one of the most famous festivals in Oman, which attracts people from all around the world to witness a unique and cultural celebration every year. It takes place during the early months of January and February and includes several events and activities for visitors who want to get a taste of Oman‘s culture, heritage and traditions. With folklore dances, performances, special costumes and Omani products, this festival is an outstanding cultural experience
Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque
Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque is the most famous – and the largest – Sultan Qaboos mosque in Oman. It is also one of the most spectacular landmarks in Muscat and a must-visit attraction. Between its arches, decorated walls, unique glass drawings, lanterns, domes, chandeliers and interior design, the mosque is an absolute architectural beauty.
Muttrah is a must-see destination if you’re looking to feel the traditional spirit of Omani culture in the heart of the old city of Muscat. It is famous for its traditional souq and the extraordinary corniche that combines views of crystal clear waters, mountains and the city’s old houses and buildings. Its traditional souq and its beautiful corniche are one of the top places that distinguish the capital city of Muscat.
It’s one of the most humid cities in Oman
Muscat is a coastal city surrounded by the crystal waters of the Gulf of Oman. Due to hot weather that is almost consistent all year round, its humidity levels are always high. Temperatures in Muscat vary between 35° C (94.3° F) and 49.2° C (120.6° F) throughout the year.
Its green and rosy roads
Muscat is a natural wonder distinguished by its peacefulness and charm. It comes as no surprise that its streets are perfectly decorated and well-planted. It is a leading example of the natural beauty that is spectacularly employed in all of its corners. Wherever you go in Muscat, you’ll see palm trees, among other trees, grass and flowers that are designed in mind-blowing shapes and colours that make simply walking around the city a relaxing and cheerful experience.
Burj Al Sahwa
Burj Al Sahwa is a clock tower that is located in Muscat‘s city centre. It is considered to be one of its top monuments because it marks the entrance to the city and has a historic and cultural importance. It was built in 1985 as a representation of the Omani Renaissance and the dedication of its people to modernize the country and become a powerful nation.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.