For a long-planned weekend away, you’ll want to make sure you choose the right apartment in Glasgow. Maybe you want to experience this Scottish city like a local, or would rather have your own quiet space away from all the fuss – either way, research is key. From the HQ of a former shipping company to luxury suites in Merchant City and along the River Kelvin, here are the best holiday apartments Glasgow has to offer.
The former HQ of the Anchor Line Shipping Company, this maritime building houses both apartments and studios with a palpable nautical influence. Inside, the decor nods to 1920s ocean liners, with features such as terrazzo flooring, glimmering tiles and timber panelling, while other perks keep the suites fully modern. There’s also 24/7 support and weekly housekeeping, plus two restaurants and a location that plays peekaboo with George Square.
This sought-after abode is set on the east bank of the River Kelvin, housing two great-value apartments done up with trendy interiors. Contactless check-in is available, and you’ll be provided with a list of local breakfast locations. As for location, you’re just a short and leafy stroll from nearby Kelvingrove Park and the sky-piercing spires of the University of Glasgow – an attraction in its own right.
Situated on historic Nelson Mandela Place – so-called after the city awarded Mandela freedom of Glasgow during apartheid – these soft palette apartments tick lots of boxes. They’re quiet, well-equipped and close to the best shops, bars and restaurants in town. Queen Street Station is also right around the corner, with trains departing regularly for the bucolic and blustery Scottish Highlands.
Squeezed into a tightly packed quadrant of streets, these fully serviced Merchant City apartments come with super-comfy beds, plush sofas, flatscreen TVs and a breakfast room for grab-and-go treats. For a taste of Glasgow life, there’s no better introduction than by taking a stroll down to George Square. Flanked by the City Chambers and Queen Street Station, the suites pay decorative tributes to some of the most famous Scots, including poets Robert Burns and Sir Walter Scott, and inventor James Watt.
Ideal for longer stays, these self-catering apartments are right in the thick of it – with the West End, Finnieston and Charing Cross all converging on the doorstep. They come with ample handy perks, too: early check-in, free parking, discount breakfasts, first-name room service and wake-up calls if you need one. Some of the city’s best late-night bars are a mere stumble away.
These one- and two-bed serviced apartments lie at the heart of the city centre’s mini Financial District, but started life under one roof as a private Victorian townhouse. Today, the original ceilings, cupola and staircase are still in place, drawing a mix of business and leisure travellers due to its one-size-fits-all location. A host will be there to meet and greet you on arrival, and parking is available if you’re travelling by car.
If you’re looking for an insight into Glasgow’s arts scene, this cluster of Airbnb-style apartments couldn’t be better situated. Right around the corner is the enclave of Pollokshields and its hangar-sized Tramway, a repurposed industrial space for theatre and art events that’s become a popular fixture with Glaswegians. The apartments themselves may not look polished on the outside, but the rooms are pleasant enough, with bumper-sized lounges, corner sofas and open-plan kitchenettes to ensure a comfy stay.
These fully serviced apartments overlook the winding River Kelvin and put guests within minutes of Kelvinbridge’s boutique shops and cafes. Browse them at your own pace as you make your way along Great Western Road, and round the afternoon off with a show at Websters Theatre or a craft brew at Inn Deep. All the apartments are equipped with modern furniture, appliances and speedy wifi.
Still not found your perfect stay? Check out our guide to the best Airbnbs and vacation rentals in Glasgow, then book your stay on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.