While many visit nearby Brighton for its (admittedly excellent) restaurants, the picturesque seaside town of Seaford is quietly thriving, too. Here, tradition is valued, so opt for a British classic, or something caught locally.
The Seaford culinary scene is complemented by views over the English Channel, quaint boats lining the marina and excellent country walks. If that sounds like something you need in your life, read on for our pick of the best restaurants in town.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Swap Seaford for southern Italian at Diella’s. This authentic Italian restaurant has been serving residents since 1986 – cementing its place on the Seaford culinary scene. Inside, guests dine under wood-beamed ceilings in a relaxed, quaint atmosphere. Dishes are made using locally sourced ingredients, while Nonna still makes the tiramisu. If you’re stuck for choice, we recommend the chargrilled pork loin; you won’t be disappointed.
Run by chef and owner Anthony Master, the Grumpy Chef offers guests a personable and delicious experience. Located just on Broad Street and offering an eclectic selection of vegetarian options, the restaurant’s unassuming front and warm interiors offer a welcoming atmosphere. If you’re not sure what you’re in the mood for, Anthony will walk you through the menu and the day’s specials. Try the lunch menu’s sandwiches, which although simple are among the best in town.
Based along the bustling Seaford High Street, Amie’s Kitchen offers some of the most authentic Vietnamese food on the south coast. It’s a relatively select menu, but there’s still a great choice of soups, dry noodles and dumplings. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner, Amie’s makes a great alternative option for brunching with friends. We recommend the Korean ramen.
A favourite with locals, Golden Palace is the staple Chinese restaurant in Seaford. With an excellent à la carte menu offering mixed plates for sharing as well as individual dishes, and with well-known classics on the menu alongside more innovative ideas, the Golden Palace has something for everyone. Perfect for family celebrations or a romantic evening out, it should definitely be on your list of places to try on your next visit to the coast.
A fantastic family-run business, Gino’s has been feeding the residents of Seaford since 1991. Opened by Gino and Sue, the restaurant offers an excellent selection of home-made Italian dishes with a special focus on seafood, with ingredients sourced from the local fisheries. Perfect for any occasion or just an evening out, the friendly staff and welcoming decor add to the restaurant’s charming atmosphere. Be sure to try the expertly pan-fried sea bass with olives and saffron.
Founded in 2003 by Juliet and Steve Anderson, Ollivers is a firm favourite among locals. With its easy-going charm and delicious menu, it’s easy to see (and taste) why the restaurant has done so well for so long. The menu is a selection of British favourites, including a steak and kidney suet, devilled duck and an excellent savoury cheesecake. Make sure to book ahead to avoid disappointment, and try the catch of the day – fresh fish caught locally.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.