Spring is one of our favourite times of year to travel. Shoulder seasons often offer better value, fewer crowds and sometimes even ideal weather conditions. So, why not book a trip with Culture Trip this spring? Here’s a taste of what we can offer.
Spring might just be the best time to visit Turkey. The weather is balmy, but not quite as restrictive as the sweltering hot summers. Avoiding the peak tourist season means quieter beaches on the Turkish Riviera and calmer streets in hectic-enough-already Istanbul. Plus, Turkey is one of our most anticipated destinations this year, thanks to the timeless wonder of its most famous city, the otherworldly rock formations of Cappadocia and Antalya’s pristine coastline. You’ll take in all three, as well as Ankara, Koprulu Canyon National Park and the underground city of Kaymakli, on our popular Majestic Turkey Epic Trip. Join us in April and May, when we have two guaranteed departures, for a 12-day odyssey through Turkey. Alternatively you can book a springtime city break with our five-day International Istanbul trip – also departing in April and May – for a mouth-watering taste of the city that spans continents.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Tough start to the year got you yearning for a detox? Well don’t wait until summer, when Southeast Asia’s worst-kept secret gets overrun by gap year party-goers and influencers stressing about Mercury being in retrograde. The serenity of this beautiful island is far better experienced in the early stages of dry season, especially April and May. Our 12-day Blissful Bali trip blends outdoor adventure – snorkelling with sea turtles, mountain vistas at sunrise – with the healing powers of FlyHigh yoga, Balinese blessing ceremonies and plenty of time by the pool. We have guaranteed departures in March, April and May, so book your slot before space runs out.
Okay, we’re going a bit broad with this one – so we’ll narrow it down to Andean South America, particularly the northwestern trio of Ecuador, Colombia and Peru. All three combine almost obscene levels of natural beauty with ancient history, a warm and joyful culture, plus incredible chocolate and coffee. Join us in Caribbean Colombia this April for a scenic eight-day jolly along the country’s gorgeous coastline, featuring idyllic islands, mangrove forests and street food galore. We also have a nine-day Epic Trip in Peru running throughout spring, where we’ll take in the ancient majesty of Machu Picchu, the Sacred Valley and Piuray Lagoon. Or how about Ecuador in April? It’s the smallest of the three by a distance, but packs just as much punch. See the Amazon rainforest, waterfalls, volcanic craters and much more on eight glorious spring days.
It took a little longer for East Asia to fully open post-Covid, so we’re anticipating a big year for Japan and South Korea. Spring is arguably the best time of year to visit this part of the world for one reason – cherry blossom season. As we enter March and April, these two countries become adorned with a beautifully delicate pink dress, giving its big city parks and quaint old towns an extra shot of colour and charm. Our Rail Trip in Japan covers a lot of ground in 12 days, so you can see Osaka, Kyoto, Hakone and Tokyo at their very best. Join us on one of our guaranteed departures in March or May. Alternatively, its equally beautiful and much smaller neighbour nation is just as worthy, and just as pink this time of year. Our 10-day South Korea trip takes in the neon pulse of Seoul before exploring Buddhist mountain temples, stunning national parks and the foodie hubs of Busan and Jeonju. Join us this April or May.
One of our most popular trips is back this April with two guaranteed departure dates, plus another in May. We’ll take in the many bounties of Naples and the Amalfi Coast in the west – before hopping across to the heel of Italy’s boot, Puglia. Here, we’ll visit the ancient hillside town of Matera, the glorious beachtown of Polignano a Mare, and Lecce (known as the Florence of the South). Will you book your place on our Seductive Southern Italy trip?
Catch the backend of Thailand’s dry season, which can run into April and May, and coincides with a range of our trips. Join us for jungle adventures in Tropical Northern Thailand, running throughout spring and taking in Chiang Mai, Pai Canyon and Doi Inthanon, Thailand’s highest mountain. Alternatively you can embrace the coast with Sublime Southern Thailand, which has a guaranteed departure in April – expect longtail boat rides, swimming sessions with tropical fish and a stunning sunset cruise. Or maybe you can embrace train travel with our brand new Thailand and Laos Rail Trip? This trip’s maiden voyage is in April, so you can be among the first Culture Trippers to cruise along the Mekong, meet rescued elephants and see the atmospheric ruins of the Khmer city of Sukhothai.
Springtime in Greece is joyous, as temperatures begin to rise but quaint seaside towns and pristine sandy beaches remain fairly quiet. That’s why we run our Greek trips from April right the way through to summer and beyond. Get the full island-hopping experience on our Greek Island Odyssey – eight days in the Cyclades, from Athens to Santorini – which has a guaranteed departure in May. If you’re looking for a more condensed experience, then our Speedy Greece Mini Trip does the job perfectly, blending the vibrancy of Athens with the laid-back qualities of sleepy Serifos. Or you can really experience Greece in style with our Greek Sailing Trip, which sets sail in Paros and calls at a range of ports, from Mykonos to Kythnos, via deserted beaches, ancient ruins and charming fishing villages.
Spring in Morocco is beautiful. Dry and sunny weather, with temperatures that hover in the low 20s (Celsius, of course), makes the gateway to North Africa particularly inviting at this time of year. There’s so much to see in this beautiful country, from the Atlas Mountains and the Sahara Desert to its eclectic range of cities – such as pulsating Marrakech, coastal Casablanca and ancient Fes. Our Epic Morocco trip offers the fullest experience, taking in the desert, mountains and main cities, as well as the surreal blue town of Chefchaouen. We have guaranteed departures for this 11-day adventure in March, April and May. For a shorter adventure you can join our Myriad Morocco Mini Trip – centred around Marrakech, you’ll go on excursions to the Atlas Mountains and Agafay Desert – departing in April and May. Or, finally, you can hop onboard our stunning Madrid to Marrakech Rail Trip, which also leaves the station in April and May. Start in the Spanish capital and journey south, across the Med and into Africa, stopping off at Tangier, Casablanca, Fes and Marrakech.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.