Madrid, with its splendid climate, offers a delightful dining experience unlike any other in Europe. The city’s sun-kissed streets and warm evenings create the perfect ambiance for savoring a meal outdoors. Join us as we elevate your dining experience in the Spanish capital by exploring the finest restaurants that not only serve delectable cuisine but also offer breathtaking panoramic views of Madrid.
Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
The Azotea Roof at Círculo de Bellas Artes
The rooftop of the Círculo de Bellas Artes cultural centre has spectacular 360-degree views over Madrid, from the Prado and Retiro Park to the skyscrapers of the city’s business district. Main courses are between €15 and €20 and include dishes like seasonal fish with garlic, chilli pepper, olive oil and sherry vinegar and acorn-fed ibérico pork with dried apricots. The restaurant is also open for breakfast, a great – and more quiet – time to enjoy the views over the city.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Nice to Meet You Restaurant & Lounge
Set inside the Dear Hotel, a chic hotel with Scandinavian-inspired decor right on Gran Vía, Nice to Meet You has great views over Plaza España, Gran Vía, the Casa de Campo park and the Royal Palace. It is located on the 14th floor of the hotel and includes an indoor area and outdoor urban terrace, packed with leafy, green plants – the perfect place to unwind with a cocktail and some nibbles.
La Cocina de San Antón
Mercado de San Antón, in Chueca, is a traditional neighbourhood market that has been renovated into one of Madrid’s most buzzing gastronomic spaces. The ground floor is packed with fresh produce, while the second floor is lined with stalls selling freshly prepared food from both Spain and around the world. It’s up on the top floor, though, where visitors get an impressive view over the barrio’s rooftops from the Cocina de San Antón, the market’s rooftop restaurant. With a kitchen open from 12.30pm onwards, it’s a great stop, whatever the time. Menus range from shareable snacks like croquettes, jamón and nachos, to lunch and dinner options.
Michelin-starred chef Ramón Freixa is at the helm of Ático, the sixth-floor restaurant in The Principal Hotel, Madrid. While the decor is sumptuous, with velvet curtains, sink-into-them soft sofas and marble floors, the food is accessible and a more laid-back offering than Freixa’s other restaurants. The main attractions of the cuisine at Ático are the quality and freshness of the ingredients in dishes that include duck confit wrap with foie gras and truffle, Roast Iberian suckling pig, and flame grilled sea bass with mango, quinoa and marine algae.
Café del Rio
This cool, off-the-beaten-track café is a great pit-stop for those visiting Madrid Rio, the city’s excellent riverside park. Locals love to come here at weekends to stroll, run, rollerblade and cycle, and after all that activity, a relaxing drink and something to eat at Café del Rio’s lovely roof terrace is the perfect way to wind down. The restaurant’s wide-ranging menu includes pasta and rice dishes, sharing plates like croquettes and grilled octopus and plenty of meat and fish dishes. The terrace looks out over the Royal Palace, just across the river.
Corte Inglés Gourmet Experience Gran Vía
On the ninth floor of the Corte Inglés department store is the Gourmet Experience, a gourmet supermarket and food court with a wrap-around terrace. Grab some food from the Basque, Mexican, Burger or Japanese stalls and take a seat on the terrace, that has fantastic views across Madrid, from Gran Vía over to the Royal Palace and the Casa de Campo beyond.
La Terraza del Casino
The rooftop of Madrid’s casino is one of the most exclusive addresses in the city; a luxurious space ideal for a romantic evening. The two Michelin star restaurant is run by Paco Roncero, one of the most famous chefs who trained under Ferran Adrià, and the menu is an exciting array of inventive dishes that add a touch of theatre to the dining experience. The restaurant’s magical terrace opens only during the summer, so is an exclusive spot with lovely views across the city. The tasting menu, which features a creative spin on traditional Spanish flavours, starts at €145.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.