There are times when we all fancy a good sing along and the chance to enjoy 15 minutes of fame for our vocal prowess. Whether you’re more of a team player or like to fly solo, here are the best places in Barcelona for indulging in some light-hearted karaoke. Time to warm up those vocal chords, the stage is calling!
A Viva Voz
This popular karaoke bar was recently rented out by none other than rock band U2 on a visit to Barcelona, catapulting the venue to stardom on the local karaoke scene. While most of the sing-along fun at A Viva Voz takes place at night time until late (they’re open until 3am at weekends), there is an option to rent a private room during the daytime from 12 noon – perfect for parties and groups.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A Viva Voz, Carrer de Rocafort, 187, Barcelona +34 615 37 93 16
This quirky bar might just win the prize for the most kitsch venue in Barcelona: leopard print cushions, faux-leather seats and feather boas abound. The Sor Rita is open every day from 7pm and has themed evenings throughout the week, including tarot Mondays, cabaret Wednesdays and of course, karaoke Thursdays. Nicknamed ‘Kutreoke’ – a mixture of ‘cutre‘ and ‘karaoke’ which can roughly be translate as ‘Krapeoke’ – this is one of the most fun places for karaoke in Barcelona’s old town and there’s no entrance fee!
Sor Rita, Carrer de la Mercè, 27, Barcelona +34 931 76 62 66
This late night karaoke bar has a decidedly old-school feel to it, from the neon lights to the choice of music. Open every day of the year until late, they have a repertoire of over 10,000 songs available in a variety of languages including English, French and Russian. The drinks are a little pricey considering you also have to pay to get in (about €10 or €12 for a spirit and mixer or a cocktail) but this doesn’t deter the regulars who gather here every weekend.
If you like karaoke but don’t like having to spend the night watching others do their thing then Nick Discoteca might just have the answer. Half way between a nightclub and a karaoke bar, Nick is the kind of place you can take a group of friends when some of you are less sold on the idea of singing in public (and then obviously coax them in to it when you’re there). They even have a dining area where they serve a selection of snacks, sharing platters and light-bites if you want to make a full evening of it.
Nick Discoteca, Av. de Madrid, 160, Barcelona +34 661 88 65 08
Touch Music Karaoke Bar
Owned by the same group as the aforementioned A Viva Voz, the Touch Music Karaoke Bar is one of the liveliest joints in town. It’s a favourite among the city’s die-hard karaoke fans and attracts a mixed crowd of locals and tourists. There are plenty of songs to choose from – from vintage classics to latest releases – and the staff are very good at managing requests. They open at 10pm and are open until late every night of the week, closing at 6am. They will also open on request any time of the day for groups of 20 people or more.
Touch Music Karaoke Bar, Carrer de Joan Miró, 8, Barcelona +34 607 34 22 24
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.