While the sedate Balearic isle of Menorca is hardly known for its nightlife, that doesn’t mean it doesn’t have some great bars – they’re just in relatively short supply. So to make them easier for you to find, we’ve put together this selection of where to find best cocktail bars on the island.
A relative newcomer on Mahón‘s nightlife scene, Sa Falua is a cool and contemporary little bar with harbour views from the tables out front and a walled courtyard at the back. With a buzzy atmosphere, a lively mix of locals and tourists, and some decent bar food, it’s a great place to start (or end) your night. Most importantly, they offer a wide range of outstanding cocktails and ones that, while not cheap, won’t break the bank.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Occupying a former shoe factory, this warm and welcoming cocktail bar is a short stroll from Ciutadella’s scenic Old Town. It’s also one of the finest places in town to enjoy a cocktail or two, accompanied by some very tasty bar food. Regular DJs and live music keep the atmosphere buzzy most nights, while the bar’s garden – featuring an enormous rubber tree – is hands-down one of the best places to hang on a balmy summer’s evening.
Cova d’en Xoroi
As far as settings go, it’s hard to find a more impressively positioned bar than Cova d’en Xoroi, one of the most famous bars in the Balearics. Built into the rocks in the south-coastal resort of Cala en Porte, this incredible venue is best enjoyed at dusk, when you can sit on the terrace, cocktail in hand, and admire the sunset as it dips into the horizon out at sea. The opening hours vary, but in high season the bar is open day and night, when you can head into the caverns (yes, literally) for a night of dancing as the DJ spins some tunes to an enthusiastic crowd. Access is not free, but sections are reservable in advance.
Resting right on the sea shore, Sa Cova Cala’n Blanes shakes things up at this picturesque beach. Located inside beachside caves, this chiringuito serves delicious thirst-quenching cocktails. Having perfected their mojito recipe, this beach bar is a very popular spot to relax by the beach day or night, with a cocktail in hand. This family-run business is praised for its hospitality, and the staff tend to remember a familiar face when you undoubtedly return for more.
Akelarre Jazz Dance Club
Running for over twenty years, Akelarre is a popular meeting place set by the ancient city walls in Mahón overlooking the port. A lively jazz bar, with seating inside and out, they serve great cocktails and excellent food, with plenty of live music to boot. Thursdays are all about live jazz and blues. Open until the early hours, this is a fantastic place to experience the nightlife of Menorca’s capital city.
Cafè des Museu
If you’re in the mood to party, the Cafè des Museu, in the heart of Ciutadella‘s gorgeous Old Town, serves great cocktails with a particularly good range of gin-based drinks. The bar has a fun and friendly atmosphere, with tables inside and out, plus a buzzing basement featuring regular live music and DJ sessions until late.
Moonlight Cocktail Bar
Overlooking the small, picturesque cove of Cala Blanca, Moonlight Cocktail Bar is in a great location for sitting back and watching the sun dip into the sea, cocktail in hand. Known for its relaxed and friendly atmosphere, and expansive cocktail list, this place is just the right side of lively, and has many a repeat customer.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.