Located on Spain’s Costa del Sol, Marbella is one of the country’s most popular holiday destinations. The area offers travellers everything from water sports to museums, with a suitably varied set of hotels to match. Whatever your style or budget, these hotels in Marbella has something for every kind of traveller – bookable on Culture Trip.
The Nobu brand has a lofty reputation and this hotel in Marbella certainly delivers. Located on the exclusive residential strip known as the Golden Mile, this Asia-infused luxury complex offers a self-contained, adults-only experience that’s so good it might even keep you from the beach just a few minutes’ walk away. A deluxe spa, world-class sports facilities and some of the finest dining around also make it understandably popular with both spendy holidaymakers and well-heeled locals.
Formerly an aristocratic seaside hideaway, this summer finca – a ranch-style estate – has evolved into one of the most exclusive beach clubs and hotels in Marbella. The extensive grounds are lush with a cornucopia of colourful flora, and scattered among it are beautifully finished accommodations that range from romantic rooms to luxury family villas. A beach club offers chiringuito-style fresh seafood, under a thatched palapa overlooking the sand. There’s even a kids’ club at which you can drop the little ones while you indulge in the Thalasso Spa.
Tucked into a corner of the attractive old town, this typical Andalusian townhouse makes a perfect bolthole for those looking to lose themselves among labyrinthine lanes and pretty plazas. Lush interiors mingle influences such as Moorish arches and renaissance flourishes, while ivy cascades down a marble stairwell and floors are carpeted in deep plum. Guest room decor sidesteps subtlety, too, most with a historical or classical theme.
The Puente Romano set the bar for luxury in Marbella when it opened in the late ‘70s, and it’s been one of the top hotels in the resort ever since. Designed in the style of an Andalusian village, it has flora-filled grounds stretching from the coastal highway to the golden sands of Nagüeles Beach. Sharing the same complex as Nobu, the hotel has some of the best dining in Marbella, while guest rooms are light-filled havens of contemporary chic.
Don’t let the resort-style architecture put you off, the Gran Melia Don Pepe offers a genuinely five-star stay – and with a seafront setting that provides both direct beach access and some fabulous views of the Mediterranean. A swanky beach club, several top dining options and a Clarins spa attest to the upscale credentials, while a huge circular pool ringed by cushioned loungers and Bali beds provide optimum opportunities for swimming and sunning.
Overlooking the beach in swanky Puerto Banús, this upscale hotel ticks all the boxes for a high-end holiday. Like any self-respecting resort hotel, the action centres on the large pool area, which has a busy bar and abundance of sun loungers. Right on the sands is the laid-back beach lounge, a great spot to kick back with cocktails and chilled-out tunes. When booking, splash out a little more to upgrade to a room with superb sea views.
With themed pool parties, funky beach-vibe decor, and breezy adults-only environment, the Hotel Amare is an obvious favourite with younger, fun-loving couples. A beachfront setting puts it steps from the sea, while also being just a short stroll from the pretty old town centre. Live music and poolside DJ sessions add a real summer vibe, while those seeking a quieter moment can pamper in the hotel spa. Book a table right on the sand at Amàre Beach Club for fire-based entertainment with dinner.
For a wallet-friendly stay in the quieter, more residential side of Marbella, Hotel Central has unfussy guesthouse-style lodgings within walking distance of beaches and the centre. Simple, modern rooms come with zippy wifi and air conditioning, and some open to small sunny terraces. Upgrade to the penthouse for a rooftop patio with views over the surrounding townscape.
Those looking to stay in a gorgeous slice of Andalusian architecture need look no further than The Pearl B&B. With a whitewashed facade and deep-blue shutters, this updated traditional townhouse will instantly charm you. Bright, welcoming interiors are scattered with original artworks, while a large peaceful garden has a cooling pool and sunny terraces. Each of the four rooms is distinct but equally inviting, and morning breakfast is as much feast for the eyes as the stomach.
For more budget-friendly options, check out our pick of the best cheap hotels in Marbella, or if you’re looking to spend a little more, discover our guide to the best luxury hotels in Marbella and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.