Southern Spain’s Marbella is synonymous with luxury – experience it at these five-star hotels on the Golden Mile. Relax at exclusive beach clubs, dance nights away with live DJ sessions, get pampered at luxurious spas and tuck into local cuisine at opulent restaurants. These are the best luxury hotels in Marbella, whether you’re on a family trip or an adults-only vacay – and they’re bookable with Culture Trip.
Stay in Nobu Hotel’s chic rooms overlooking La Plaza, or suites featuring jacuzzi-clad terraces, and gain priority seating at Nobu restaurant plus access to the exclusive Studio 54-inspired nightclub, La Suite, headed by world-renowned DJs. Spend your days sprawled out on the beach with a cocktail or at the hotel’s private pool. There’s endless facilities, but highlights include the spa with hydrotherapy, plus the romantic SupperClub for live music under the stars.
Find beachside tranquility at this facilities-packed luxury hotel in Marbella with stylish rooms, suites, bungalows and private-pool villas. Enjoy fresh Mediterranean cuisine at cool restaurants – from lunchtime fish by the beach to candlelit al fresco dinners. Expect live DJs and piano players, and events like cocktail classes, sailing days and aerial yoga sessions. There’s also a natural seawater pool and a beauty bar for perfect mani-pedis. Relax to the max with the spa’s stress-reduction ritual featuring volcanic body scrub.
Foodies, look no further: Puente Romano offers all-day-long sophisticated dining at countless bars and restaurants. The options include al fresco lunch at La Plaza or the Leña steakhouse – with a Dani Garcia-designed menu – plus tapas and cocktails at El Chiringuito beach club. The rooms, suites and villas are luxurious – plump for a room with an outdoor, ocean-facing jacuzzi for private indulgence.
Check into this elegant pink palace, where classically furnished rooms and suites can come with Andalucian mountain views and extravagant private terraces. There’s loads of dining options, from the decadent sushi bar to bespoke private dinners. Dip in the Cyprus tree-surrounded pool, play golf on the three courses, learn flamenco dancing, catch a show at the Roman amphitheatre, and visit the spa with Roman baths and signature massages. Bring the family along – there’s a kids’ club and pets are welcome.
Bright, contemporary rooms feature at this promenade-located, adults-only Marbella luxury hotel. Exclusive Amàre Beach Club boasts serviced sunbeds, so you can relax and enjoy seaside massages, tapas and sangria. Elsewhere, watch sunsets with a cocktail at the panoramic rooftop bar, eat all you can at the sea-view buffet and try local delicacies like Malaga goat at the Michelin-star Messina Restaurant.
Indulge and pamper at this resort: rooms, suites and private apartments come with luxury bathtubs, pools and views. The spa has a 600m (2,000ft) water circuit featuring vapour baths, aroma cabins and shower temple. Walk through the hotel’s botanical garden and discover the tennis court, pool with hammocks and Bali beds, plus six bars or restaurants. Tuck into Ombu’s Thai dishes before heading to the Peacock cocktail bar’s terrace for live jazz.
Stay here and enjoy discounted fees at more than 30 of Marbella’s golf courses. Rent gear and visit the golf manager who’ll help you perfect your swing. Fitness-lovers will enjoy the tennis club and the nutrition team on site to help you achieve your wellness goals. For further relaxing activities, hire a seaside cabin at the VIP Beach Club and enjoy hammam rituals at the spa, like Oriental Scrubs. There’s an impressive thermal circuit featuring a salt water pool and Finnish sauna.
This peaceful, family-friendly hotel has earned its five stars for its grand reception and stylish terrace. Catch some rays on a poolside Balinese bed or at the Beach Club, with its tempting bar and seafood restaurant. There are facilities for everyone, including a kids’ club and games room, golf transfers and courses, beauty salon with hairdressers, and live music and shows to entertain any age. Don’t miss the spa’s tension-relieving hot stone massage.
This is an updated rewrite of an article by Tara Jessop.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
For more options, discover our guide to the best hotels in Marbella and book now on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.