With so many iconic landmarks and world-class sights, Madrid has it all. For a fresh take on the delights of the Spanish capital, choose from these handpicked tours and experiences that will keep you away from the crowds in a totally unique way.
Spain was the world’s second most visited country in 2019 after France, and every year, the Spanish capital welcomes more than 6m travellers – making it the country’s most visited city. But that doesn’t mean you have to follow the pack. Home to world-renowned art, historical landmarks, medieval alleyways, iconic boulevards and grand parks, this is a dynamic city steeped in history and culture. And now you can experience the capital from a completely new perspective. From a sunset tour of the sights to a spin through Chueca, Madrid’s LGBTQ neighbourhood, these tours will allow you to discover a new side to this vibrant city.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Welcome to this personal running tour of Madrid. Our guides all have great knowledge and experience of the city.We will cover most of the main attractions during our run and this will also give you an overview of Madrid and how the city is laid out. This is great if you want to continue exploring on your own later during your stay. The tour also covers areas of history and day-to-day life in Madrid, including the restaurants and bars.You have the chance to ask us for recommendations and tips on how to make your stay as memorable as possible.At some attractions we will have an extended stop for your guide to give you some information, as well as for you to have time to take some photos. The tour guide will also point out additional sights during the run between the stops. We will run as fast as the slowest member of the group.
Enjoy a memorable day out in Segovia & Escorial and escape the hustle and bustle of Madrid with this horse riding experience in the Escorial surroundings, after visiting Segovia and the famous aqueduct. Enjoy the breathtaking views while living a unique experience and learning the basics of horse riding. Take home exclusive memories in this small-group day out in the countryside! Have fun and feel unique in your experience in a Premium Small Group tour.
Delve into Spanish history and culture on this 3.5 hour Madrid historical walking tour with food tasting and dinner. Stroll through the winding centuries-old streets of Madrid’s city centre, while your guide illuminates the history of highlights such as Plaza Mayor, the Royal Palace, and Puerta del Sol. Along the way, stop at some of Madrid’s most popular family-run tapas bars to sample the local specialities, paired with Spanish wine, sangria and liquor.
The Best of Madrid guided bike tour offers you the opportunity to have a nice, peaceful and easy ride along the city of Madrid with the company of other travellers and our expert local guide.In this 3-hour bike tour, we will visit the most iconic areas if Madrid and beautiful hidden places.We will have the chance to soak up the atmosphere of an authentic local market, having the opportunity to enjoy some real Spanish tapas.You will be doing what the locals do, with the company of a real local guide who knows the city like the back of his hand.
Enjoy a night of opera and fine food at La Castafiore restaurant in Madrid! Popular for its opera-singing waiters, the traditional restaurant has gained a cult following in the city from locals and visitors alike. Enjoy renditions from well-known operas such as La Traviata, plus traditional zarzuelas – comic Spanish opera-style songs – while enjoying a delectable 4-course meal with wine.
Sample Spanish nightlife and Madrid’s tasty tapas on an evening walking tour that will tantalize your taste buds! Led by an entertaining foodie guide, this walking tour is the best introduction to the laid back Madrileno lifestyle. In a small group, with an average maximum of 10 people, you’ll visit Madrid’s tucked-away corners and feast on tasty treats you would never discover on your own, leaving you with a lasting feeling for Madrid and its people, and an appetite for its fabulous food and drink!
A picture says more than a thousand words! During this unique 3 hour workshop, your private host and photography expert will show you all the tips & tricks for you to create the best Madrid street photography.
The historic tour is a different experience because it takes place in a unique vintage car, designed to give the customer a service that is at the maximum care, full of comfort and glamour. The explanations throughout provide interesting information and anecdotes that will make the tour more enjoyable. The customer can choose between travelling with the roof open or closed.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.