Travelling with kids can be tricky at times, but Spain is the perfect family destination. A holiday in this family oriented, fun loving country can easily keep everyone entertained, as Spain offers plenty of interesting attractions, and its culture and history is colourful and enjoyable, too. You’ll find that every region is very distinctive and has something different to offer, and that includes fun attractions that kids will enjoy. Here’s our pick of the best. Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
This massive amusement park is where you’ll find Europe’s highest rollercoaster, a water park packed with exhilarating rides, and all kinds of shows and entertainment. You can buy various combination or multi-day tickets, including on-site accommodation. The park is closed for most of January and February.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Terra Mítica, Benidorm
The biggest theme park in Spain is found in Alicante, next to Benidorm, the country’s hedonistic capital. Something like a Mediterranean Disneyland, it’s full of all the scary rides and colourful shows you would expect, divided into sections devoted to ancient Egypt, Greece, Rome, Iberia and more. Check the website for opening times if you’re visiting outside of high season.
Estadio Santiago Bernabéu, Madrid
Everyone knows that Spain is a nation obsessed with football, and fans visiting from abroad won’t want to miss the famous Santiago de Bernabeu stadium, home to Real Madrid. Visiting the stadium and taking a tour is one of the most popular things to do in Madrid, for good reason.
Zoo Aquarium de Madrid
Probably Spain’s best zoo, located within an enormous green city park. Madrid’s Zoo-Aquarium is home to wildlife from every continent and is one of the city’s best family-friendly attractions. After a day out at the park and zoo, you can hop on the cable car back to the city centre.
City of Arts and Sciences, Valencia
The eastern city of Valencia is home to this famous complex of futuristic buildings, mostly the work of architect Santiago Calatrava. Kids will love the interactive exhibits at the science museum and the underwater world of the Oceanografic. The most fun way to get here is by bike, riding through the beautiful green Turia Gardens.
Gulliver Park, Valencia
Valencia also gives you the chance to recreate the tale of Gulliver’s Travels, in which the giant Gulliver is tied down by the people of Lilliput, who climb all over him. The large Gulliver Park playground features a giant model of a sleeping Gulliver, and kids will love exploring the many ramps, slides and hidden passageways. Big kids will be pleased to know that adults are allowed to join the fun.
Chocolate Museum, Barcelona
Chocolate lovers will want to head straight for the Barcelona Chocolate Museum. The city’s love affair with chocolate goes way back to the times when the troops of the Bourbon Kings were given chocolate for breakfast. Check out the amazing chocolate sculptures and take part in a workshop to become a chocolatier for a day.
The Hanging Houses, Cuenca
Cuenca, a town in the region of Castilla la Mancha, is home to one of the most peculiar sights in Spain: las Casas Colgadas (the Hanging Houses). These curious buildings seem to hang over the edge of vertical cliffs, and are sure to capture young imaginations. Some of the houses are hotels and restaurants, which allow you to enjoy spectacular views over the countryside beyond; you can get the best view of the hanging houses from the Saint Paul bridge.
Castillo de Loarre, Aragón
Perched high atop a hill in the ancient kingdom of Aragon, this turreted castle looks like something straight out of a fairytale. Dating from the 11th century and packed with fascinating history, it has plenty to interest visitors both young and old.
Another of Spain’s fantastic fairytale castles, this one was in fact the inspiration for Sleeping Beauty’s castle. It’s a world heritage site, standing proudly in a stunning location, upon a rocky crag above the confluence of two rivers at the edge of a mountain range. It dates from the 12th century, and is one of Spain’s most distinctive castles thanks to its shape, which is like the bow of ship.
Oasys Mini Hollywood, Almería
Spain has a few Wild West theme parks that fit well into its arid landscape, and this park is the best of them. Watch cowboys engage in a shoot-out and visit the large zoo. Adults will enjoy the saloon bar complete with can-can dancers. You can also enjoy a splash in the pool during summer.
Real Escuela Andaluza del Arte Ecuestre, Cádiz
One of Spain’s most famous equestrian schools, the grand Royal Andalucian School of Equestrian Art trains horses and riders and a visit here is a dream come true for any horse lovers in your family. You can watch the graceful horses and their skillful riders in training sessions before the highlight – the classic Andalusian horse show, in which tricks are performed to classical music. Don’t forget to visit the museum, which has a few impressive exhibits.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.