Oradea is a great city to visit, not only for its gorgeous Baroque and Art Nouveau buildings, but also for its proximity to Felix Resort, known for its thermal waters and spa services. But what would a superb holiday be without excellent food? Don’t miss out on Oradea’s finest restaurants with our best picks. Did you know – Culture Trip now does bookable, small-group trips? Pick from authentic, immersive Epic Trips, compact and action-packed Mini Trips and sparkling, expansive Sailing Trips.
Rivo Restaurant & Lounge
At Rivo Restaurant & Lounge, delicious Mediterranean and Romanian food is served in a cosy, laid-back ambience. In summer, you can relish a delicious lemonade on their gorgeous terrace next to the Cris river while enjoying the beautiful views. Whether you’re a meat-lover or a fish fan, you’ll find a variety of dishes to suit, from traditional beef goulash to seafood spaghetti to foie gras with caramelized quinces. Don’t forget to order a glass of their wonderful wine with your meal.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A modern restaurant serving refined dishes, Via29 is close to Oradea city centre and is a wonderful option for a lunch or dinner with friends, or for a business meal. There’s a great variety on offer for vegetarians and vegans as well as pasta, pizzas, salads, meat and seafood. Make sure you should definitely try is their black risotto.
Are you a seafood lover? Then Restaurant Corsarul is the perfect spot for you, as their fantastic array of fresh seafood dishes will delight your tastebuds. With so many marvellous pasta, risotto, pizzas, delicious soups, as well as gorgeous beef, pork, chicken and fish dishes, it might be difficult to choose, but you’ll always eat a wonderful meal. And of course, every great meal comes with a great wine, so be sure to pick one from their broad selection.
Baraw is the perfect place to enjoy fabulous burgers and spicy hot wings in a cosy good-vibe atmosphere, followed by one of their fantastic milkshakes or a good beer. If you’re there first thing, try a hearty omelette or a savoury croissant for breakfast to kick start your morning. Yet, no matter when you go, the comfy design and friendly staff will make you feel welcome.
A great restaurant for meat lovers, MEATic is where you’ll always find fresh, full-flavoured food. Using ingredients from local producers, MEATic showcases old Romanian recipes that come with homemade sauces, salads and bread. Start with some meat tapas, order a gorgeous pork, beef or duck as a main dish, and always finish with a traditional dessert like papanași or somloi galuska. They also serve pizzas and focaccia, but what’s that in comparison to their amazing meat dishes?
Hanul cu Noroc
If you’re searching for a restaurant serving traditional Romanian meals, then try Hanul cu Noroc, where healthy portions fill both stomach and heart. The cosy ambience is perfect for a lunch with friends or family, and if you are a foreigner, their helpful staff will gladly recommend amazing Romanian dishes: delicious soups, filling stews, grilled meat and the not-to-be-missed sarmale with mămăligă (cabbage rolls with polenta) or fasole cu ciolan (beans stew with pork meat).
A chic restaurant located in an old monastery’s building, Allegria is a great option if you like Italian and Mediterranean food. That said, the Romanian specialities are not to be missed either, and their professional waiters will be always delighted to recommend a local dish or traditional wine. From duck to beef to salmon, from pasta to pizza to risotto to salads, there are plenty of great dishes to choose from – not to mention the delicious homemade desserts.
Pizzeria Due Fratelli
This restaurant serves Italian food and, according to locals, serves the best pizza in town. After falling in love with Italian food and after several years spent in situ, the restaurant’s owners decided to open their own place, sharing their knowledge and love for pizzas, pasta, risottos and seafood. If the locals say it’s great, you should give it a shot also.
Spoon Bar & Grill
A great place to take your lunch or to have a drink in the evening, Spoon Bar & Grill boasts a great location, overlooking the Cris river. Their menu offers a broad variety of dishes, as well as child menus, making it a good option for family meals also. Even better, they’re open from breakfast to dinner, meaning that you can please your tastebuds with their delicious dishes whatever the time of day.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.