If a rejuvenating swim in the clear waters of the Mediterranean isn’t enough, Malta offers wellness spas to lift your spirits and help you relax. Although very few offer residential stays, and many are based in hotels, you don’t necessarily need to be staying at that hotel to use the spa facilities. Offering a broad spectrum of wellness services and treatments, here are the island’s best of the best.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A journey of health with yoga with Mari
Experienced in practising various styles of yoga techniques for over a decade. Mari completed her yoga teaching training in India and is also a certified traditional Hatha yoga teacher. With Stand Up Paddleboard (SUP yoga) training completed in Malta, Mari is taking the island by storm, taking classes for beginners right through to advanced. The north of the island, Mellieha, is home to Mari’s main yoga studio: a tranquil, authentically decorated setting infused with delicate incense. Mari’s popularity is rapidly increasing and her yoga classes are now spread out across different venues across the island. The warmer months offer SUP Yoga, combining a workout with the relaxing waters of the Mediterranean, surrounded by uplifting views: a popular alternative way to improve your mind, body and soul.
5-star treatment at Carisma Spa
Carisma Spas are spread across Malta and are based in 4 and 5 star hotels. Welcoming both hotel guests and visitors, Carisma offers a range of feel good treatments in soothing settings. Offering therapeutic massages, body contouring and rejuvenating facials, Carisma Spas also offer Hammam Turkish baths, complete with Turkish foam massages and body exfoliation, a relatively unique experience in Malta. Treat yourself alone or book as a couple or party, as Carisma has some wonderful packages available. The winners of the World Luxury Spa Awards in both 2016 and 2017. Carisma continues to deliver the best in all they do.
Residential Bliss at Amchara
Located just 20 minutes’ ferry ride from Malta on the island of Gozo, Amchara Health Retreat focuses on personalised health supported by an experienced team in a nurturing environment. Offering the full package, residential stays include full screenings, daily educational nutritional talks, yoga, aqua, meditation, fresh organic juices and the use of the luxurious spa. Reflexology, Reiki, and Swedish massages are also available. With naturalistic health experts at hand, each client’s needs are individually met. This is a serene, idyllic location to meet qualified exercise instructors, health experts and executive chefs all working together to help you make ‘change for good’.
Ayurveda Heaven at Kempinski Spa
Based at the Kempinski Hotel in Gozo is luxury spa and specialised Ayurveda centre, Ayurveda Heaven. Providing nine spa rooms and five Ayurveda rooms, two heated indoor pools, an indoor Jacuzzi and a steam chamber spread across an ‘oasis of rejuvenation’, these ancient healing techniques help restore your natural balance. With over 25 Ayurveda treatments alone, all holistic therapies, and cures are accompanied by healing natural herbal teas and carried out by a team of dedicated, in-house experts, ensuring your treatment is specifically tailored to individual needs.
Experience ancient Hawaii in Gozo
Gozo is also home to The Art of Touch, based in Aloha Studio. Offering both treatments and courses, the owner Magda Jokiel is fully qualified in the Hawaiian art of Lomi Lomi Nui. A qualified instructor for nearly 10 years, this technique is part of a therapy called Kino Mana, which incorporates massage, Hula dance and philosophies focusing on meditation and breathing techniques. Performed on the whole body, a Lomi Lomi Nui massage includes pressing and gentle stroking of the skin.
Enjoy more wellness opportunities by booking one of the best spa hotels in Malta now with Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.