Enjoy home cooking, luxury living spaces and private sea views when you book one of these top holiday apartments in Malta; a southern European island famed for sandy beaches, historic cities and Mediterranean sunshine. Whether you’re exploring the capital, Valletta, the charming city of Mdina or the quaint fishing village Marsaxlokk – you’ll need somewhere to rest your head after a busy day.
Valletta is a magnet for culture seekers with its blend of architectural influences, forts and religious buildings. Vallettastay Apartments plonks you right in the middle of this bewitching city. Studios and one- or two-bed apartments share Maltese style with limestone walls, as well as kitchenettes and skyline views. Stand-out apartments such as the Triplex Penthouse Palazzo Zoe and Orangerie Two Bedroom Penthouse are worth the extra cash.
Live like a local in this collection of swanky boutique apartments, set in central Valletta. Suites are themed around nearby landmarks or aspects of Maltese culture, from the regal Pjazza Regina Suite (a tribute to Queen Victoria), to the Festa apartment which reflects the baroque grandeur of the country with chandeliers and red velvet curtains. Each has a mosaicked kitchen, as well as features such as fireplaces and Maltese balconies.
Relish the privacy of your own self-catering apartment with all the benefits of a hotel at St Blubay Suites. There’s an outdoor pool at the complex, plus you can head next door to the sister hotel to use the swimming deck and fitness room. Located in Gzira, these studio apartments comfortably accommodate up to three people and are designed in a contemporary style with attractive French balconies.
Families will love the airy apartments at Ta Nina, which have two or three bedrooms and sleep up to six. After a packed day visiting nearby sights, including St George’s Bay, Msida Harbour and Valletta, the kitchen has everything you need to prepare a hearty meal. Handy amenities include a washing machine and cable TV.
Fancy splashing out? Then book the Penthouse Suite at 66 Saint Pauls. You’ll be spoiled with sweeping Grand Harbour views, which you can soak up from a lounger on your terrace. Set in a 17th-century palazzo, the penthouse has a separate living area and a bathroom that comes with a soaking tub and double basins. Take advantage of the swish hotel perks, which include a rooftop pool, peaceful courtyard and central Valletta location.
The Upper Barrakka Gardens, with fountains and grand arches, are one of the crowning glories of Valletta. Stay opposite at the Barrakka Suites, which offer views of the gardens from four modern self-catering apartments. All have marble-top kitchenettes, living areas and regular maid service. Choose from a one-bed apartment or the loft which has a double and two single beds, as well as a balcony that affords partial sea views.
Experience a slice of old Malta in this 18th-century renovated Valletta townhouse. Picture stone walls, restored patterned tiles and Carrara marble floors. There’re even Maltese wooden balconies that showcase views of the capital. Fully refurbished in 2019, Carmelita house was split into three apartments which can accommodate up to four guests. The best part: you’re conveniently located on a quiet street within walking distance of the main sights in Valletta.
If you’re wanting to stay in the capital, read our guide to the best holiday apartments in Valletta – then book your stay on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.