Discover the best of the Italian good life in Milan, where the city’s compact size makes it easy to explore its varied offerings. Whether you want to improve your cooking skills or go on an exhilarating adventure in Italy, here are the seven best Milan experiences you can book today.
Cookery classes in Milan
Italian cooking class and market tour
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Take home more than just a suitcase full of souvenirs and a phone full of travel snaps: this experience gets you a diploma in Italian cooking so you can recreate your favourite dishes wherever you are. Start the morning at the market, where Le Cordon Bleu-trained chef and certified sommelier Clara will help you pick the best local, organic ingredients. Back in her charming kitchen, you’ll cook four different traditional recipes (and get to eat it all at the end too).
Pasta master class at Liccumi’a
Learn how to make fresh pasta in this fun group class. Get your hands in the dough and discover how to create four different pasta shapes: tagliolini, cavati, ravioli and tortelli. With easy-to-follow instructions and close guidance along the way, you’ll also make accompanying sauces. At the end, you get to sample your finished creations with a glass or two of wine. Dessert is served courtesy of the chef.
Sports and adventure activities in Milan
Ferrari test drive
Re-enact your own Mille Miglia race by getting behind the wheel of the Italian brand Ferrari supercar. After a driving theory lesson and full training on how to operate one of the fastest sports cars in the world, you’ll get to hit the road for what promises to be a breathtaking 30 minutes. Travel along the legendary superhighway between Milan and the Swiss Alps for 10km (6mi) with an expert co-driver at your side the whole time.
Don your helmet and make like a true Italian by zipping around town on a scooter. This popular mode of transport is not just a convenient way of dodging traffic and nabbing a parking spot; it also lets you experience the sights in an exhilarating way. Speed around historical landmarks such as the Arco della Pace city gate, the Duomo cathedral and the Teatro alla Scala opera house, or go all the way to Lake Como for a bit of fresh air.
Here’s what else you can do in Milan
Outdoor painting class in Bergamo
Follow in the footsteps of Italy’s Baroque and Renaissance painters and create your own original painting to remind you of your trip. In Bergamo, a medieval city north of Milan, you’ll join a local artist and other art enthusiasts within the walls of the ancient city centre to learn the tricks of the trade. From creating a pleasing composition to learning the rule of thirds, you’ll get to spend an insightful and creative afternoon en plein aire (outdoors) unleashing your inner artist.
Dinner and a show at Maison Milano
Enjoy an evening like no other at this elegant venue housed in a former early-1900s post office. You’ll be served a four-course meal of local fare in chic surroundings. And with a rotating roster of burlesque performances, DJs and live music acts, your evening is bound to be entertaining.
Italian perfume workshop
Discover the secret to Milanese style at the Merchant of Venice, a luxury Italian perfume atelier in the trendy Brera district. Learn about the history of perfume before creating your own custom scent with the help of a dedicated guide. Discover a world of different ingredients before mixing your own personalised perfume. You’ll get to take your beautiful bottle home with you at the end.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.