What better way to unwind after a craic-filled day of exploring Dublin than taking a relaxing dip in a splendidly heated swimming pool back at your hotel? Whether you visit the Irish capital for sightseeing around Trinity College or to party in Temple Bar, here are the grandest hotels with pools Dublin has to offer — bookable with Culture Trip.
Water is a dominant theme at this four-star deluxe Dublin hotel. Overlooking the River Liffey on one side, this edition of the Clayton Hotels collection is located next to the Grand Canal Dock, a popular haunt for locals watching waterskiing and paddle-boarding in the summer months. The property’s well-equipped Club Vitae fitness centre boasts a 22-metre heated pool, the largest hotel pool in central Dublin. As for the rest of the hotel, the spacious rooms suit family city breaks or a business stay, while the Stir restaurant offers fine dining.
Close to Dublin’s financial district and National Convention Centre, the Spencer Hotel is a great base for exploring the area around the River Liffey. There are over 200 newly refurbished, spacious bedrooms. Families and friends will love the interconnecting and triple rooms, as well as the family suites. The on-site health club features an 18-metre swimming pool and a fully equipped gym.
Situated 6km (3.7mi) to the east of Dublin city centre, directly opposite the famous Kilmainham Gaol, this Hilton branch is also just minutes away from the Guinness Storehouse. After an early swim in the hotel pool, breakfast in Cinnamon restaurant sets guests up for their morning, and dinner in the Broyage Bistro is a great way to end the day.
Close to the famous St Stephen’s Green on Dublin’s southside, the Camden Court offers fresh, contemporary ensuite rooms. Dining is available outdoors in the Coachyard and inside in the Iveagh Restaurant. A visit to Camden Court Fitness, which comprises a 16-metre pool with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi, is a must after a day exploring the city.
Designed with the discerning traveller in mind, the Mayson is virtually a destination itself. The 94 rooms have rainfall power-showers, Marshall amps for music and Smeg refrigerators to keep things cool. The hotel – located just a few minutes from the 3Arena music venue – also includes a number of restaurants and bars, plus there’s even a barber on site. Dublin’s newest boutique gym and health club is also available to residents, and the relaxation pool overlooks the outdoor central courtyard.
Within easy reach of Dublin Airport, the Bonnington offers two restaurants, 200 guest rooms and one of the premier health clubs in the city. The ensuite rooms can be configured for families and groups if required. The menu at DXTR restaurant mirrors the vibrancy and diversity of Dublin, while the Croft Bar offers gourmet dining. The 18-metre pool is a welcome escape, and the sauna and jacuzzi are a great way to relax.
Dating back to 1863, the Royal Marine is one of the most historic hotels in Dublin. High ceilings, Victorian staircases and sash windows exude elegance at this stately property located in the seaside suburb of Dún Laoghaire. You could splash out and stay in the Frank Sinatra suite, named after its eponymous guest. Otherwise, many of the classic rooms enjoy sea views. The celebrity connections continue in Laurel’s Bar and Hardy’s Bistro. The Sansana Spa offers a full thermal suite and pool for guests to relax.
Dublin’s regenerated Docklands area is home to young creatives and professionals, with the Marker Hotel almost as its gravitational centre. Many are attracted by the property’s rooftop bar and its amazing views over Grand Canal Dock. The hotel has a number of suites, which are well-appointed and have stunning vistas from each window. The dramatic 23-metre infinity pool is the centrepiece of the hotel spa. Coupled with a eucalyptus-infused steam room, spacious jacuzzi and gym, it’s little wonder the Marker was named as Dublin Spa of the Year for two years running by Irish Tatler magazine.
The Shelbourne has been at the heart of Dublin social life, both physically and culturally, for nearly 200 years. Guest rooms are exquisitely decorated and history oozes from the walls. The Saddle room offers sophisticated dining and old-school Irish service. The 18-metre swimming pool, gymnasium and dance studio offer a more modern twist for relaxation and rejuvenation.
Looking for more places to stay in Dublin? Relax and unwind at one of Dublin’s best wellness and spa hotels, or check into one of the city’s best boutique hotels for a truly extraordinary stay — bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.