Take a break from the Dublin buzz by checking in to one of the city’s top spa hotels.
A trip to Ireland doesn’t just have to be about the Guinness. After enjoying the city’s iconic traditional pub scene and buzzy atmosphere, relaxing with a health-boosting treatment and a good night’s rest at one of Dublin’s top spa hotels will be just the ticket.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
A Dublin institution for nearly 200 years, the Shelbourne has long been at the heart of the city’s social life, both physically and culturally. The spa at the Shelbourne creates an atmosphere of calm and elegance, overlooking the treetops of St Stephen’s Green, arguably the city’s most cherished park. The relaxation room is opulent and historic, a wonderful place to rest after a ritual or treatment, while the 18m (60ft) swimming pool, gymnasium and dance studio offer a more modern twist.
The dramatic 23m (75ft) infinity pool is the centrepiece of this spa at one of the city’s most contemporary hotels situated in the Docklands, Dublin’s regenerated business quarter. Coupled with a eucalyptus-infused steam room, spacious jacuzzi and gym, it is little wonder the Marker was named as “Dublin Spa of the Year” for two years running by Irish Tatler Magazine. The spa exudes urban sophistication, with dark charcoal walls offering peaceful respite from the busy city outside.
The staff at the Viola Day Spa in Dublin’s Spencer Hotel – located on the banks of the River Liffey in the Docklands business district – strive to ensure a unique treatment and experience for every guest. This individual service leads to a beneficial and relaxing spa. Guests have an extensive range of treatments to choose from, including mud wraps, facials and manicures.
The Sansana Spa at the Royal Marine Hotel – situated in the seaside suburb of Dún Laoghaire, 10km (6mi) south of the city centre – offers a full thermal suite, treatment chambers and an Intuitive Healing Specialist on its extensive menu of treatments for guests. The thermal suite includes heated marble stone beds and tropical experience showers. There are also mud, hydrotherapy and dry flotation treatment chambers. Sinéad de hÓra is a gifted intuitive healer who reads your energy to determine energetic blocks in your emotional and physical well-being.
The B.Fit Leisure Club at the Bonnington Hotel – located midway between the airport and the city centre – styles itself as one of the premier health clubs in Dublin. The facility is spread over two floors and includes a substantial pool area, gymnasium and physiotherapy clinic. Spa treatments include an extensive choice of relaxing massages, full body treatments, facials and therapeutic treatments.
The Spa at Castleknock Hotel – 11km (7mi) west of the city centre – is a luxury urban retreat fuelled by the energy of the nature that surrounds it. The bespoke treatments on offer for male and female clients celebrate well-being and the quality of life, all delivered in a cocoon of calm by experienced skilled therapists. The Tonic Health Club offers a spa pool, steam room and sauna, and personal trainers can create bespoke exercise plans in the gym.
Whether you are aiming to gain fitness, lose weight or tone and trim, the exercise specialists and personal trainers at Camden Court Fitness are on hand to tailor specific sessions to meet your individual goals and needs. The property – located just five minutes’ walk from Grafton Street, Dublin’s main shopping thoroughfare – also comprises a 16m (52ft) pool with steam room, sauna and jacuzzi.
Planning to see more of Ireland? Extend your wellness getaway and check into one of the best spa hotels around the country, bookable on Culture Trip.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.