Mykonos attracts thousands of visitors every year, thanks to its glorious beaches, cosmopolitan vibe and delectable food. If you are searching for the best places to stay on the island, look no further. From a five-star paradise above Psarou Beach to a seaside resort in Aleomandra, here are the top boutique hotels on Mykonos – bookable with Culture Trip.
Set on Platis Gialos Beach, a popular destination for beach bums, Petinos Beach Hotel is a stunning boutique hotel featuring a small collection of 24 rooms adapted to a wide variety of guests, including families, couples, honeymooners and solo travellers. The hotel has a wellness spa and an outdoor pool with a bar. Plus, guests can enjoy delicious food at the hotel’s two restaurants, Blue Myth and Thea, which offer fantastic views over the bay.
A five-star paradise above Psarou Beach, Nissaki Boutique Hotel is certainly one of the most striking luxury beach hotels on Mykonos. Situated near Platis Gialos Beach, Nissaki is a little gem of a hotel offering its guests the choice between a room, a suite or a villa, all finely decorated and featuring all of the amenities necessary for a relaxing stay. The complex includes a beach, a spa, a restaurant and a bar, and Culture Trip highly recommends having drinks here at night before heading out for an unforgettable night out on the town.
Conveniently located near the old port of Mykonos, in the heart of the nightlife district, Harmony Boutique Hotel provides stylish accommodation with stunning sea views. It boasts classic Cycladic architectural elements and a collection of rooms offering sea, city or garden views. The hotel has a restaurant, a spa centre with a sauna and a fitness centre, as well as a lounge and a pool bar, where you can witness fabulous sunsets.
A few kilometres (a couple of miles) away from Mykonos Town, Kenshō Ornos Boutique Hotel & Suites overlooks Ornos Beach. This five-star hotel boasts a refined Mykonian aesthetic accentuated by the hotel’s art collection, which includes pieces from Patricia Urquiola and Kenneth Cobonpue, among others. The hotel features luxurious rooms and suites, along with a fabulous rooftop fine-dining restaurant, where guests get to sample flavourful dishes featuring locally sourced ingredients. The pool bar is perfect for watching the sunset with a cocktail in hand.
Set on a private beach on Ornos Bay, Kivotos Mykonos Hotel is a five-star luxury boutique hotel built along a rocky slope. Comprising a series of rooms, suites and private villas, it features four restaurants and bars, two pools, a fitness centre and a spa. Art lovers will revel in the beauty of the artworks on display throughout the premises and will certainly appreciate the onsite art gallery. For romantic nights, the hotel has a sailing boat, available for cruises and private dinners. And, for those looking for a luxurious and sophisticated place to tie the knot, the hotel has a chapel, dating back to the 17th century. Need we say more?
Protected from the wind, Casa Del Mar Mykonos Seaside Resort lies above its private beach in Aleomandra, 4km (2.5 miles) from Mykonos Town. Overlooking Glyfadi Bay, the resort includes a collection of luxury villas equipped with modern amenities, creating a minimalistic and comfortable environment. These residences are the ultimate cocoon if you are looking for a relaxing yet private setting to enjoy your holidays. And, for an added touch of relaxation, guests can take advantage of the wellness centre and spa on the premises.
Rocabella Mykonos is the whitewashed Grecian haven you see while scrolling through wanderlust-inducing accounts on Instagram. An olive’s throw from Agios Stefanos Beach, you can languish on over-water daybeds with a watermelon margarita, devour an award-winning Greek breakfast or float astride one of the animal inflatables in the pool, all while taking in picture-perfect views of the Aegean Sea. To truly unwind, head over to the hotel spa for a Swedish massage. The stripped-back rooms all come with balconies and organic toiletries, but suites have the added perk of an outdoor mini plunge pool.
These boutique hotels haven’t quite convinced you yet? Then, check out our recommendations of where to book your stay in Mykonos for a local experience, or discover the best hotels on Mykonos, including some super-luxurious options. During your stay, explore the best things to see and do on the island, and party all night at the best nightclubs we’ve compiled for you. Make sure to also book a table at at least one of the best restaurants on Mykonos to sample some delicious Greek dishes.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.