It’s easy to find the best places to stay in Parga with our indispensable round-up of apartments, hotels and spa retreats. Stretching along the western coast of Greece, paradisiacal beaches, fascinating history and some of the best places to stay in Greece are all in one picturesque port town. These are the best hotels in Parga, bookable with Culture Trip.
This pinky-red elevated hotel is close to all you need – 10 minutes’ walk (take the free shuttle if you’re weary) from unspoilt beaches and the Castle of Parga (sublime sunsets from here). The 18 individually decorated rooms have kitchenettes in bright hues – purples and blues, with very nicely furnished balconies. Depending on which you choose, you’ll have views of Paxos and Antipaxos islands, the quiet courtyard or Valtos Port. Maintain the tranquillity on the hotel’s terrace, sipping your morning Greek coffee before heading to the beach via the free shuttle.
Cocooned in lush greenery with citrus trees, spacious guest studios are set in a cool cream boutique-style building and come with sloping beams and kitchens, so you can get grilling on the barbecue before dining on the balcony with views of the tree-lined gardens – some come with an added hot tub. Read your holiday novel sat under the shade of an umbrella on the cooling stone-paved terrace before a refreshing dip in the salt-water pool.
It’s all about simplicity at this modern self-catering studio block sleeping up to four. It’s close to the much-loved Ai Giannakis Beach, a small white-pebbled cove backed by cliffs, and lapped by emerald waters. So that’s your holiday sorted. The hotel’s family-friendly studios are spacious, with hints of warm wood or gleaming tiled floors, shiny white kitchenettes and balconies where you can sunbathe or sip a cheeky retsina, contemplating the beautifully kept flower-filled garden.
Simply styled elegance reigns at this hillside boutique hotel, perched above the Bay of Parga, its 13 suites done out with marble bathrooms and neatly discreet kitchen spaces named after natural wonders. Pearl is an outing in ornate cream furnishings, while Waves is bathed top to toe in dreamy blue hues. You can breakfast each day by the glamorous terrace-flanked infinity pool, overlooking the sea – and return for lunch and dinner, or retreat to your balcony.
Given such homely self-catering rooms, the rural village location, a five-minute drive from Anthousa Waterfall and Anthousa Castle, steals the limelight. Expect interiors themed in pink or purple, echoing the tones of the garden with its bougainvillea, palm trees and lily pad-speckled ornamental ponds. You might cool off in the main pool, drying off on its stone-paved sun terrace. And whatever you do, start each day with a delicious breakfast: homemade honey-topped pancakes, perhaps with a side-order of views of that breathtaking Ionian Sea.
Beach bums will love these bungalow-style beachfront buildings, scattered around the greenest of gardens, full of centuries-old olive trees. The reclaimed stone exterior belies the French-style cream-led interiors, from deluxe twins (all with balcony or terrace) to the Grand Suite, with terrace, sleeping up to five. Swimmers go to great lengths to stay here wooed by the choice of four outdoor pools, with one by the Blue-Flag beach and the rest in lush grounds. Parga town is a short stroll or an even shorter water-taxi ride away, when you fancy soaking up the local lifestyle.
This is a smart, design-led collection of modern villas, each with a slice of turquoise pool flanked by matching sun beds – well placed for you to admire the green, hilly landscape. Interiors are a fusion of clever lighting, linen corner sofas, sleek kitchens and warm wood accents. With such luxury living, it would be easy to stay put – but remember, the beach is just 1km (0.6mi) away, so you can get a refreshing daily swim in, and Ali Pasha Castle is minutes’ drive away for your fix of culture.
You’ll have the sweetest – make that suite-est – dreams in this boutique hotel with head-turning statement headboards in every room category, from doubles to the Honeymoon Suite. This space is a triumph of carved wood and “bookshelf” wallpaper, with cooling tiled floors and light-giving French windows overlooking the sparkling sea. Breakfast the traditional Greek way, devouring homemade pies on the terrace-with-view here, in the rural hilltop village of Anthousa.
Your dream Greek holiday starts here. Discover our guide to the most beautiful coastal towns you need to visit in Greece, and make a splash at these top-rated hotels in Greece with infinity pools — bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.