The Königsallee, affectionately called Kö by locals, is the premium shopping street of Dusseldorf. Along this stretch of road, luxury shops representing the crème de la crème of international fashion entice visitors with their irresistible window displays. It is primarily the Königsallee that has carved a name for Dusseldorf as a premium fashion destination. Its green boulevard is also a great place for a stroll or a meal.
Check out the Best Brands
The biggest and best brands in the global fashion arena jostle for space at the Königsallee, tempting shoppers with luxury apparel, shoes, accessories and cosmetics. Louis Vuitton, Armani, Chanel, Burberry, Prada, Cartier, Escada, Stefano Ricci, Jimmy Choo – they are all here. Even window-shopping here is an experience in itself.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Visit High-End Boutiques
Alongside the biggest brands, chic boutiques bring visitors carefully curated selections of superior-quality designer products. As well as exclusive luxury apparel and footwear for men, women and children, the boutiques offer unique jewellery, designer bags, gorgeous home decor and much more.
Shop at the Malls
The glitzy Kö Galerie, spread over three sprawling floors, appeals to sophisticated shoppers not only with its vast collection of luxury goods, but also with its sleek architecture. The Kö-Center turns heads with its dazzling marble, aluminium and steel construction and boasts an exclusive assortment of apparel, footwear, accessories, art and home decor. It also houses several fantastic restaurants. The Galeria Kaufhof stocks exclusive products from top international brands, alongside more affordable choices. Schadow Arkaden is a magnet for locals and tourists alike. It provides both luxury and affordable shopping, along with cafes, restaurants, toy stores, bookshops, flower shops and beauty salons.
Take a Stroll
The lush green boulevard of Königsallee, with a canal running through its centre, is a beautiful spot for a stroll. Visitors wishing to escape the frenzy of shopping for a while, or needing a bit of peace and quiet to decide about that next purchase, can head to this delightful shaded walkway.
See Some Futuristic Architecture
Historic architecture from centuries ago shares Dusseldorf’s skyline with scintillating modern architecture. Such an example of superb modern architecture is Kö-Bogen. Its stone, glass and aluminium exterior, sinuous form, intricate design and beautiful landscaping make it one of the most stunning buildings in Dusseldorf. It houses a large number of luxury brands, excellent restaurants and office spaces.
See the City’s Famous Hotels
The most prestigious hotels in the city grace the Königsallee, including Intercontinental Dusseldorf, Breidenbacher Hof, Hotel Favor, Leonardo Royal, Steigenberger Parkhotel and The Fritz. These hotels offer luxury accommodation in their beautifully designed rooms and suites, exclusive cuisines and every comfort that the modern traveller could wish for.
Hit a Club
Travelers who are not ready to call it a day, even after a day of shopping at Königsallee, don’t have to go far to find a night of fun. Dusseldorf has some buzzing nightlife, and Königsallee is where its pulse is. It spoils travellers with a seemingly endless choice of nightclubs, discos, bars and pubs, and even shisha bars and cocktail lounges.
Visit a Gallery
Dusseldorf is steeped in culture, and wherever tourists might find themselves in the city, they are never too far from culture. Königsallee is not just about shopping, fun, food and nightlife, but also offers generous doses of culture and art. Ralph Gierhards in Königsallee is a specialised dealer in gorgeous antique furniture, art, paintings, vases and sculptures, from various eras and from all across Europe. Travellers who are interested in modern art must head to Galerie Ludorff, one of the most reputed art dealers in the whole of Europe. The modern-art collection at Galerie Paffrath will also appeal to visitors.
Grab a Great Meal
Whether travellers are looking for a romantic diner, a cosy bistro to catch up with a friend, a chic joint for a formal lunch, a Michelin-starred restaurant for a special occasion, a great bakery to satiate a sweet tooth or a cigar lounge to relax in after a long day, they will find it in Königsallee. Amazing restaurants across a large variety of cuisines entice the tastebuds of tourists and locals alike.
Visit a Christmas Market (if it’s Christmas)
From the last week of November to the last week of December, not one but two festive Christmas markets light up the Königsallee region, transforming it into a magical land. The Christmas market at Schadowplatz celebrates a delightful White Chirstmas with shimmering white hut-shaped stalls bathed in silver light, with the magnificent Kö-Bogen as a backdrop. The Christmas market at Jan-Wellem-Platz, with its delicious aroma of traditional cuisines and merry carousels, spread infectious festive cheer right in front of the Kö-Bogen.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.