After a busy day of sightseeing in Nuremberg, there is no better way to unwind than over drinks and conversation at a nice bar. From homey local hang outs to the perfect date spot and snazzy cocktail bars offering magnificent views, we have rounded up the most popular bars in Nuremberg.
Mata Hari Bar
The clientele at Mata Hari Bar mainly consists of regulars. Customers keep coming back to this bar due to its homely feel and familiar ambience, but also because its shelves are stocked with more than 200 varieties of drinks. At this little bar, choose from 50 cocktails, more than 10 kinds of beers and over 40 whiskeys or malts. Customers can enjoy their drinks with soothing music playing in the background.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Gelbe Haus Cocktailbar
Gelbe Haus Cocktailbar is an immensely popular choice among locals for its range of delicious cocktails and international spirits. Moreover, it is a favored venue for celebrating special events like weddings and graduations, for which the in-house catering service offers delectable regional and international cuisines. Also, customers can sign up for their cocktail course and emerge as experts on the subject and even earn a certificate to brag about back home!
Die Rote Bar
Die Rote Bar attracts guests with a cozy, warm atmosphere and well-stocked shelves. Pick from a range of wine, beer, whiskey, champagne and soft drinks, or be a little adventurous and opt for a special drink. These bartender specials taste as delicious as their names are intriguing – Cup of Good Hope, Twisting Dragon, Sailing Cucumber, Royal Bermuda Yacht Club, and Painkiller, just to name a few.
Both international guests and regulars at Vintage Bar consistently opine that the cocktails served here are world-class and stand out from those offered in other bars with their adventurous combinations. Vintage Bar serves cocktails the good old-fashioned way – no umbrellas, no toppings, no garnishing, simply a glass of delicious potion that doesn’t need any accompaniments to be appreciated.
This glamorous, tastefully-decorated bar is perfect for a chilled-out evening with friends or family, a romantic date or the celebration of a special occasion. Skybar has 120 refreshing cocktails up its sleeve, along with salads, pasta, burgers, cakes, ice cream, coffee and other options, which can be enjoyed on the trendy fourth-floor terrace amid soothing music and while taking in the magnificent views of Nuremberg.
Loom is a popular hangout for the trendy, young crowd of Nuremberg. Its attractive purple lighting, great music and casual ambience is the perfect setting to chill over one or two cocktails. If you prefer an alcohol-free drink, you will be spoiled for choice as well. Loom also offers pizza, nachos, soup, sausages and desserts. Do check out their Shisha Bar or maybe catch a game on one of their huge screens.
Don’t let the tongue-twisting name put you off! For the last decade, this charming tavern has earned immense popularity among Nuremberg locals and not without reason. Schanzenbräu Schankwirtschaft has a lovely biergarten that is the perfect spot to enjoy the summer sun over chilled drinks. Apart from a good choice in beer, Franconian wine, and regional specialties from places like Belgium, Berlin, and Bramberg, here you can dig into a filling meal of sausages, pork shoulder, roast, noodles and other snacks.
O’Sheas Irish Pub
A little slice of Ireland in Nuremberg. If you are looking for English-speaking locals, expats and tourists to hang out with, this is a good choice. O’Sheas is a quintessential Irish pub offering all the usual drinks, plus some Irish shots, in a cozy atmosphere. They also have a great dinner menu, consisting of steaks, soups, sandwiches, burgers, nachos, chips and several Irish delicacies.
Dubliner Irish Pub und Sport Bar
Want to watch exciting games on huge screens and cheer with people from all corners of the globe? Head to Dubliner Irish Pub und Sport Bar, one of the most popular pubs in the city. It boasts a great choice in drinks from across Europe and Ireland, and a few snacks to go with them. However, people love it more as a place to socialize and hang out with friends than to merely grab a drink.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.