The beautiful spa town of Baden-Baden in Germany’s Black Forest is delightfully green. The town is punctuated by immaculately maintained swathes of greenery and a riot of blooms. Here are some of the best gardens and parks in Baden-Baden to take a break and rejuvenate.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
The Kurhaus, built in the 1800s, is Baden-Baden’s premium destination for entertainment and celebrations. This is where the chic and sophisticated crowd heads for concerts, casino, banquets, balls, meetings, Christmas markets and dinners. The adjoining Kurgarten beautifully complements the belle époque style architecture of the Kurhaus. This immaculately maintained garden, with its lovely flowerbeds and tall trees, is a great place to take a stroll.
The historic park of Lichtentaler Allee is a favourite with locals and tourists alike. Towering trees, colourful flowers, picture-book bridges over the river Oos and peaceful walkways are what draw people to it time and time again. Lichtentaler Allee, which was built in the 1800s, boasts over 300 varieties of plants, including chestnut, ginkgo, oak and maple. This park is perfect for jogging, taking a stroll, cycling or just lazing. It includes a quaint Dahlia Garden with lovely rows of flowers and sculptures.
The Gönneranlage is actually part of Lichtentaler Allee, but with an identity of its own. Once the agricultural land of a monastery, Gönneranlage is today a beautiful rose garden built in the baroque style with geometric symmetry. Tall trees were left out of the design of the garden so as not to obstruct the views of Lichtentaler Allee, and copper-beech hedges were planted instead. Almost 400 varieties of roses make the atmosphere of the garden luxurious with their perfume. The most attractive landmark in Gönneranlage is the Josefinenbrunnen fountain and basin.
Rosengarten auf dem Beutig
Baden-Baden is often referred to as the Rose Capital of Germany, and the Rosengarten auf dem Beutig proves that the title is well earned. The garden, clinging to the Fremersberg mountain slopes, is one big burst of colour. The garden is adorned with rose-covered arches, rose beds, rose shrubs and walkways lined with roses of seemingly endless varieties and colours. Visitors can also cast their vote for the most beautiful rose in the garden, which is a tough job with so much serious competition. Rosengarten auf dem Beutig is agreed by rose connoisseurs to be on a par with the most famous rose gardens in the world.
Florentinerberg, or Florentine Hill, is where the Romans came to relax, and there is no denying that it’s the perfect spot for it. The air is thick with the intoxicating aroma of orange and lemon groves. As an added bonus, it offers spectacular views of the town of Baden-Baden. The ancient Roman thermal baths are at the foot of the Florentine Hill.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.