With breathtaking natural wonders, Georgia is the place to be for those who love camping. Here you can set up a tent pretty much anywhere you desire – at the beach, high in the mountains, under a bridge, or at the side of a beautiful lake. Nearly the entire country of Georgia is open to campers; however, if you are looking for campsites that have gorgeous views, check out our guide.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Zeta Camp, located in the village of Juta in the Kazbegi municipality, is 2,300m (7,500ft) above sea level and 200km (124mi) from the capital. Zeta is also one of the few campsites that are truly comfortable. It has a small cottage with electricity, hot water, and an area for tents. The site also offers breakfast, lunch, and dinner made with organic ingredients. You can get there by taking a minibus to Juta, then walking approximately 900m (a little over a half-mile) to the campsite.
Stepantsminda is another great camping spot in the Kazbegi municipality. The town is overlooked by vast mountains on all sides. The most striking mountain in the area, Mount Kazbegi, lies directly to the west of the city. The second highest peak is Shani, which rises to an elevation of 4,451m (14,603ft) above sea level. The main attraction of the village is the Gergeti Trinity Church situated 2,170m (7,119ft) above sea level under Kazbegi mountain.
Paravani Lake is a volcanic lake situated 2,073m (6,801ft) above sea level and is one of the biggest in Georgia. The lake freezes during the winter months, making the area even more spectacular than in the summertime.
The Tobavarchkhili Lakes are often called “Toba” by locals and are in the Samegrelo region. They are also referred to as the “silver lakes” by locals. The hike toward the lakes is quite intense and dangerous, and some parts require a guide. You need at least three days to reach them.
Tusheti is one of the most charming regions in Georgia. It’s one of the greenest areas of the country and it has medieval defence towers. Situated on the northern hills of the Greater Caucasus Mountains, the area is bordered by Chechnya and Dagestan on one side and Kakheti and Khevsureti on the other. Here, you can witness some of the most beautiful natural landscapes of the country, still untouched and undeveloped. If you are looking for wilderness and gorgeous views of mountains peaks, then Tusheti should be on your list.
At 2,345m (7,693ft) above sea level, Bochorna is the highest inhabited area in Georgia and one of the highest in Europe. Situated in the Gometsari Gorge, the area offers a breathtaking view over the Caucasus Mountains.
Datvisjvari in Khevsureti
Datvisjvari is a pass on the main watershed ridge of the Caucasus Mountains in the Dusheti municipality. Located 2,676m (8,779ft) above sea level, the area is made up of prehistoric clay and is surrounded by alpine meadows.
Gomis Mta, or Gomi Mountain, is a summer resort in the Ozurgeti municipality, western Georgia. Located on the northern slopes of Meskheti ridge, the area rises 2,100m-2,755m (6,889ft-9,038ft) above sea level. Summer months here are moderately cool, while winter is cold with heavy snow. The average temperature in August is 15-18°C (59-64°F). The place is surrounded by coniferous forests of spruce and fir, creating an absolutely marvellous view during a foggy morning.
Kareli municipality is home to one of the most beautiful lakes in Georgia called Bateti. Even though the lake is quite small, the surrounding forest creates a gorgeous landscape for camping. The area is accessible by car and is a three-hour drive from Tbilisi. The best time to visit the lake is in autumn when the leaves change into autumn colours.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.