Glittery film festival, glamorous restaurants, exclusive beach clubs pouring bottles of the finest fizz… yes, Cannes is synonymous with indulgence. Sure enough, that decadent vibe extends to its spa scene, where jet-lagged muscles can be soothed and dry skin smoothed in the most lavish settings. Many of the best set-ups are, happily enough, in hotels – so once you’ve been tended to, you can simply float up to your room to preserve that zen vibe.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
This glam boutique hotel feels like a Cannes secret – and so does its spa. Start with a workout in the hi-tech gym, guided by an expert coach, then move onto the anti-aging facial treatments to revive drab skin. Or, after a good steam in the sauna, why not flake out by the rooftop pool – a sun trap with loungers where you can work on your tan and sip cocktails. However you play it, Five Seas is about unadulterated decadence – aka Cannes-do attitude.
“Majestic” is right. This grand dame, which looms over popular strolling artery, La Croisette, is a hub for all things bling in this very glittery city. The main draw? The good-looking, contemporary rooms, with epic views out to the sparkling Mediterranean; and the multiple dining spots (including moody bars and a gourmet restaurant on a pontoon). And don’t miss a treatment in the fabulous spa, which has A-list-worthy, anti-aging cryotherapy treatments.
You might find it hard to tear yourself from the C-Spa, between the skin-softening scrubs, muscle-melting lomi-lomi massages and roster of amenities. (Frothy hot tub? Get in!). It’s the kind of place you could lose entire afternoons – days even. But you’ll find other temptations to distract you at Hôtel Cézanne. For example, the garden – a rarity in Cannes, but perfect for sipping meditative morning coffees; or the concierge, who can pull out a list of the trendiest places to eat (and get you in). Best of all, try the hotel’s private beach, minutes away.
The rooftop alone will make you feel good. It’s a lovely space, with a plunge pool, hot tub, and umbrella-shaded loungers: a real find in central Cannes, blissfully far above the city rush. The plushest suites, too, are soothing; all calm, sandy tones, with hydro-jet bathtubs and terraces. But nothing can match the spa. A large pool complex, multiple treatment rooms and balneotherapy tubs are all on tap to get you fully relaxed.
It’s true: you can find relaxation even within spitting distance of the central train station. Simply book into Hotel Montaigne, a cool, contemporary base with whitewashed rooms, a restaurant turning out hot Mediterranean flavours, and a patio lined with lemon trees (just the place come aperitif hour). All that and an extensive spa, with hydrotherapy baths for unknotting city-stressed muscles, a roomy hammam and skin-brightening facials. It’s open every day, 7am-9pm, so you can come for a quick massage before your pastry breakfast, or just before bed.
The grand Hôtel Cristal is all about the finer things in life – al fresco breakfasts, enjoyed in the Provençal sunshine; stylish rooms, with balconies opening to palm trees; room service dishing up caramelly canelé cakes. And, of course, spa-ing, whether your thing is splashing in an infinity pool overlooking the city or sweating out last night’s glass of wine in a sauna. Balneotherapy baths are among the specialities – just what the doctor ordered if you’re seeking to melt those tense muscles.
The pool alone is worth booking in for: a glittering blue expanse in central Cannes, the place for cooling off after a sticky morning pounding the city pavements. But the spa at Neho Suites has more, including a eucalyptus-scented hammam and stress-busting sauna. Sign up for a Mexican-inspired Rose Delight treatment, which involves a floral oil massage followed by a hot bolus body treatment to turn your muscles to putty. You’ll emerge smelling as fresh as a summer garden, too.
Book one of the best hotels or one of the best family-friendly hotels in Cannes now via Culture Trip. Plan a perfect spring in the city using our guide, or check out this itinerary for if you only have one day to spend here. Get your caffeine fix at one of these immaculate cafes in Cannes.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.