Whether you prefer it red or white, chilled or aged, or with some tapas on the side, a glass of fine wine in a cozy setting is the prefect way to transition from day to night. When in Biarritz, there is certainly no shortage of delicious wine, and we’ve selected the ten best wine bars that will help set the tone for a smooth and joyful evening.
Considered by many to be the best winery in town, L’Artnoa is so much more. The exquisite selection of wines is renewed every week, accommodating every taste and budget. You will certainly enjoy tasting different wines while nibbling on some delicious tapas. To make the experience even more memorable, why not book this unique venue and have your own private soiree one evening? The team will be more than happy to tailor a wine tasting menu for you and your guests. L’Artnoa is also a wine shop, so don’t forget to buy a bottle on your way out.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Meeting people passionate about their work is always fascinating and even more so when their passion is wine! Le Cellier des Docks‘ team makes quality control and ethics its priority. Each wine is selected based on its quality, but also based on the winery’s eco-friendly practices and the working conditions of its producers. Customers applaud the staff’s dedication to help you find what best suits your taste and your budget. Definitively worth a visit!
Le Cellier des Docks, 5 Bis Rue Luis Mariano, Biarritz, France, +33 5 59 23 68 46
L’Art dit Vin is a perfect combination of casual and chic, where you can pick from a wide range of wines and have a wonderful time trying them out. In addition, the chef’s unanimously acclaimed talent to make the excellence of his dishes look effortless will surely enhance your experience.
L’Art dit Vin, 15 Avenue de Verdun, Biarritz, France, +33 5 59 23 73 74
Want to do some wine tasting with a world expert? In that case, book a tour with Vincent Damestoy, who won the award for France’s Best Wine Merchant and came close to winning the world’s competition, finishing second in 2015. Based in Anglet, his company, Les Vins de Vincent, offers classes to improve your oenology competence, organizes corporate events, and you can purchase wines from all over the world through their online boutique.
Les Vins de Vincent, 13 Avenue d’Espagne, Anglet, France, +33 5 59 03 68 39
Located in the vibrant Les Halles neighborhood, Puig & Daro is the place to be to get quality wine and in the mood for an exciting night out on the town. Order a large plate of marinated anchovies and some xistora (fast-cured sausage) while drinking some txakoli (local wine).
Puig & Daro, 34 Rue Gambetta, Biarritz France, +33 5 59 23 30 45
Enjoy a wine selection of more than 70 wines at Le Bar de la Côte, this restaurant and winery right in front of the iconic Côte des Basques beach. The laid-back atmosphere and the incredible scenery make it the perfect spot to meet up with friends. Come early in the evening so you can catch the sunset.
Laureano Perrone is a known advocate for non-chemically treated wines and for promoting local producers in his winery. If you’re up for something unusual, you will be delighted to come here for a night and taste wines that will surprise you and give your palate some finesse.
Wine bars are favorable to intimacy, but there is nothing wrong with staying home every once in a while. For a chilled-out get-together with your favorite people, grab a bottle (or two) at the Wine Shop in Saint Charles, one of the quieter districts of Biarritz. You will be in good hands with the owner, who has world-class knowledge, so you can’t go wrong with your choice. Upon request, the Wine Shop can also plan a wine tasting for you (up to 6 people).
The Wine Shop, 14 Rue de la Bergerie, Biarritz, France,+33 5 59 24 71 87
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.