As the weather is finally getting warmer in Copenhagen and locals start getting their spring clothing out of their wardrobes, we roamed the streets to spot the most stylish Copenhageners and make them share their secrets for a perfect look. Cordial and elegantly styled, Rose Maria – Elle Magazine’s Digital Editor – was sitting by Nørrebro lakes and while soaking up some sun she let us in on her street style inspiration.
What do you do?
I am the digital director of Elle magazine and I am the owner of the byrosemaria fashion blog.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
What is style for you?
Style for me is something personal and a way to express myself. I believe style is a way to show who you are.
In the morning, how do you decide what to wear for the day?
Well, I decide what to wear mostly based on what I feel like but it also depends on what I have planned out for the day. If I have many meetings I try to dress a little powerful because I think that the way you dress it has something to do with how you feel about yourself. You can dress confidently, stylishly or casual depending on the occasion.
Talk me through what you’re wearing and where you bought each piece?
My shoes are Givenchy and is my favorite pair of sneakers because they are very comfortable. Then I am wearing jeans and a casual sweater. On top I’m wearing a nice long coat which I bought in Rome. Actually, this is the first time I’m wearing it for the season because up to now it’s been too cold. So, now that spring has finally arrived I am happy I can start wearing it again. I am holding a classic Chanel bag because even when you’re dressed casually, it always helps to have a little Chanel piece on your outfit. Finally, my sunglasses are Valentino and they are a birthday present from my parents who bought them last year in Marbella in Puerto Banús .
Which piece holds the most memories for you?
I would say that the piece that holds the most memories for me is my bag because I bought for myself when I got the job at Elle magazine. That’s a gift!
Can you remember when you discovered your love for clothes?
Well, I think I was born with the love for clothes.
Do you have a staple piece or an item you can’t survive the whole week without wearing?
Sunglasses! Every time.
What’s your favorite style story about Copenhagen?
I think Copenhagen is generally a stylish city. I don’t have only one favorite style story because I am working for a fashion magazine, so every day is about fashion and style for me and there are just different stories that blend together.
Which part of Copenhagen gives you the most inspiration for your style?
Sitting by the lakes at Dronning Louises Bro in Nørrebro or biking through the city is what gives me the most inspiration. In that way I get to see a lot of people with different takes and styles and that is definitely what inspires me.
Do you have any styling hacks or tips?
Dress what you feel like and dress for your body type and don’t be afraid to mix cheap and expensive pieces.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.