If photography is your hobby or you just enjoy looking at spectacular images portraying hidden corners of the world, keep reading. This article presents 10 amazing up-and-coming Danish photographers of all genres, whose pictures are a rich source of inspiration for those who want to create unique camera shots.
Asger Ladefoged is only 30 years old, but he has already covered the terror attacks throughout Europe, the refugee crises, the Middle Eastern conflict in Syria and Iraq and the war in Ukraine. He focuses on photojournalism, web-docs and portraiture, and with his powerful photographs offers an insight into remote places all over the world. He won the Magnum Photography Award in 2016 and the award Press Photographer of the Year 2016 in the Danish Press photo contest.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Andreas Houmman‘s name is frequently mentioned in the fashion industry as he has already worked for some of the largest Danish magazines. He is known for his unique portraits and his images have been on the front page of established magazines more than once. He spent his childhood in the countryside and the past few years of his life in Copenhagen. According to him, these two totally different lifestyles, filled with contradictions, have played a significant role in his development as a person and as a photographer.
Before becoming a photographer, Henrik Adamsen passed through several jobs; retoucher, graphic designer and art director are only some of them. In the past few years he has been working in the fashion and beauty industry, capturing some striking shots that are definitely worth a look. Fashionistas will certainly love Adamsen’s unique perspective and style, while emerging fashion photographers can draw inspiration from his images. Among a long list of clients and individual projects, Christian Dior and UGLY magazine stand out.
Emil Monty Freddie
It’s difficult to put Emil Monty Freddie‘s photography into a category. Although he started as a fashion photographer, he now captures with his lens stunning images of landscape and still life. He has a long list of clients, such as the famous Danish designer Asger Juel Larsen and the internationally renowned brand Vero Moda. When he is not in the streets capturing dazzling landscapes, he is working in his studio in the heart of Copenhagen. No matter where he is photo shooting, his vision is “to create images that make you stop and wonder”.
Kenneth Nguyen decided he wanted to become a photojournalist on 1st March 2007, the day Jagtvej 69, a youth house that was a part of the underground scene in Νørrebro was cleared by the Danish government. Ten years later, Nguyen has managed to succeed in the profession he is so passionate about. It was not an easy process though; he has said that it took a lot of hard work, sweat and tears to make it, but he finally did and even though struggles never end, he is happy he can go out there every day shooting spectacular images.
Nikolaj Thaning Rentzmann
Nikolaj Thaning Rentzmann is a 25 year old freelance photographer who loves travelling and capturing different cultures with his lens. His latest journey was to Hong Kong, Shenzhen and Shanghai, where he was invited to photograph the city with Huawei’s new mobile phone. He is a graduate of the Danish School of Media and Journalism and is currently based in Copenhagen working on several projects. When he is not exploring the world, he is doing fashion photography and he has already managed to persuade several designers and Danish artists to pose in front of his lens.
As she is working with analogue cameras, Ida Arentoft is usually in a darkroom printing her photographs. For Arentoft, the camera is a tool which she uses to record her journeys through aspects of time, memory, perceptions of land and concepts of numerous realities in photography. She gets her inspiration from remote locations and by navigating through landscapes. Although, she graduated approximately 7 years ago from the Glasgow School of Art she has already been working with photography since 2005. Her photographs have been displayed in various national and international exhibitions such as Copenhagen Photo Festival and the Photographer’s Gallery in London and have been published in several magazines and photography books.
Frej Rosenstjerne has exhibited numerous times nationally and internationally, including the Copenhagen Photo Festival 2016, with his project “Prolonging State of Mind 1”. For one of his latest projects, he captures images that are a study of the camera in the mobile phone, and as he describes this as a way to work slowly with the fast. He’s playing with time and its boundaries, describing this as “a crucial conversation between the moment the picture is taken, and the future moment the picture is doubled and made into a new image“.
The 19 years old Christian Lykking has been photographing only for the past three years, but he has already shot some stunning images. Even though he has always loved photography, his passion grew after joining the Instagram community and connecting with amazing photographers around the world. Now he has his own groups of fans who are looking forward to his next post and it looks like there are much more to come. The beautiful nature of Copenhagen is among his favourite subjects because, as he points out, parks and water plays an essential role for the green capital of Denmark.
Jesper Larsen is an emerging photographer roaming around Copenhagen and capturing with his lens every hidden colorful corner of the city. He is a passionate traveler and therefore in his photo selection you’ll find a wide range of images, from China’s skyscrapers and Japan’s mystical forests to Greece’s traditional blue and white houses. Even though landscape and cityscape photography are his favorite genres, he also likes to shoot portraits and to cover the city’s events.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.