With its Mediterranean coastline, lively harbour and pleasant temperatures all year round, it’s no wonder Paphos has some of Cyprus’ best five-star hotels. The modern city mingles orange-wedge sunsets with the Unesco World Heritage Site of the Greek and Roman city – as well as a slew of luxurious places to stay. From all-inclusive resorts by the beach to countryside estates and vineyards galore, here’s our pick of the best luxury hotels in Paphos for your next getaway, all bookable with Culture Trip.
Romance is not only on the cards but written into the DNA of this made-for-two luxury hotel in Paphos. Kick up the R&R – that’s romance and relaxation – with a rose-scented couples’ candle massage at Elvara Spa. At sunset, make your way to Amavi’s rooftop restaurant, Immenso, for sushi and Cypriot wine from Michelin-starred chef Theodor Falser.
Disneyland meets super spa at this sprawling mega-resort. It’s no surprise that Olympic Lagoon Resort is a popular family hotel in Paphos. For kids, there’s a jam-packed schedule of over 170 activities, including an in-house animation team, huge live music venue and top-of-their-game sports instructors. For those over the age of 18, the adults-only wing features blissfully bouncy four-poster beds, a waiter-serviced sun deck and oasis-like pools, complete with back-massaging jets and swim-up beer stations.
Annabelle has been welcoming guests for over 30 years, yet she’s looking good for her age with winding waterways, cool-to-the-touch marble floors and a recently renovated spa. Ask for a top floor room for easy access to Ouranos, the hotel’s rooftop bar that serves more than 50 varieties of gin. Try one as part of a fuzzy sky – a herbal mix of Tanqueray, salted red vermouth and Benedictine-infused pears.
Understated elegance converges with nature at this beachside bolthole. Trailing ivy cascades down from the lobby ceiling, and the plant theme continues in the palm-patterned wallpaper. Open the window and you’ll hear the Med crashing on the shore. But the real clincher? An Olympic-length swimming pool guarding the hotel entrance.
Inspired by the 4,000 year-old archaeological site upon which it sits, the décor of this palatial stay is taken from Greek history – including a bronze bust of the hotel’s namesake, the empire-building king of Macedonia. The lobby echoes with the gentle thwack of flip flops as guests and locals head to Seven Orchids restaurant – the appeal of which is (surprisingly) not the excellent sesame salmon, but the palm-tree laced view of the sun dipping behind Paphos Castle.
Despite being in the middle of one of Paphos’s busiest districts, you can pretend you’re in a tiny Cypriot village in Elysium’s Royal Garden Villas. The wood panelled accommodation is designed to look like a series of classic Cypriot houses, centred around a lemon tree-perfumed ‘village square’, complete with an illuminated sunken pool. Once you’ve finished Instagramming, head to Astria Bar for an Elysium fizz – a zesty Disaronno cocktail topped with Champagne.
Traditional Grecian architecture meets modern minimalism in this trendy, tapioca-toned luxury hotel. Less is more seems to be the décor ethos – a mandate not extended to its swimming pool offering (there are five to choose from, including one on the extremely photogenic rooftop). Every year, Almyra hosts its own pop-up art and culture festival to showcase the local artistic community in Paphos.
Porthole-shaped mirrors, stone waves over the check-in desk and azure accents signal that this is the most Mediterranean hotel on Kato beach. You too can get into the sea-themed spirit by nabbing one of the sand-side tables at the Tavernaki taverna. Order the seafood mezze – it’ll come with a complimentary side of ocean breeze.
Four swimming pools. Nightly entertainment. The curacao-coloured Med just a few sandy steps away. It’s no wonder that this beachfront hotel in Paphos attracts a near-cult following among its guests, many of whom return every year. Relax with a pint of Keo beer and a plate of whatever the chefs have dreamed up at Akamantis restaurant. By day, it’s a half hour walk to the harbour – and the hotel will send you off with a gourmet picnic lunch.
The Athena Royal offers a well-balanced mix of beachfront relaxation and light activity. It’s a popular spot for bowling holidays, thanks to its 18 full-size rinks. There’s also a tennis court and resident dance leader available to all guests. Toast your arrival with the complimentary bottle of wine before making a beeline to the wooden jetty and launching yourself into the ocean, Mamma Mia!-style.
Looking for more? Book into one of the best luxury hotels in Cyprus.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.