There is some great rental inventory in Costa Rica, especially down by the beach. Staying in an amazing house doesn’t have to break the piggy bank, either. If you are looking for a rental beach home that will knock your socks off, this exclusive selection might just do the trick. Read on for our pick of the best affordable vacation rentals in Costa Rica, all bookable on Culture Trip.
Casa Woodbox is an architecturally marvelous house in the peaceful beach town of Playa Junquillal, just south of Playa Avellenas and Playa Tamarindo. When you stay here, you are within walking distance of Playa Junquilla, Playa Blanca, and Playa Negra. The house and the grounds perfectly blend nature, comfort, and functionality. The house has four bedrooms and can slept up to 12 people comfortably. There is a gourmet kitchen, a wine refrigerator, an outdoor barbecue, an inviting pool, great patio furniture, and plenty of room to lounge, socialize, and relax.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Casa Bali is the epitome of an amazing vacation home rental. Casa Bali is located in the exclusive gated community of Tamarindo Heights in Playa Tamarindo. This 18,000-square-foot (1,670-square-meter) house has three stories, eight bedrooms, nine full baths, one half bath, and two guest villas. Casa Bali can comfortably sleep 20 people. This house is a perfect choice for a large group, which is also how it manages to be relatively affordable. Casa Bali is the crème de la crème. The views are vast and magnificent, the architecture and interior design are exquisite, and the amenities are of the highest order.
Casa Islita is a spacious beachfront luxury home in Playa Tamarindo. This house has 7,000 square feet (650 square meters) of space, six bedrooms, and six bathrooms, and can sleep up to 18 of your closest friends and family members. There is a large and fully equipped kitchen, a 14-person dining table, an infinity pool, an eight-person jacuzzi, plenty of comfortable outdoor space, and easy access to both Playa Tamarindo and Playa Langosta. The design and decorations are tasteful and simply perfect for the beach atmosphere. Breakfast is included in the price and there is also an option for catering services.
Casa Roca is a paradisiacal beachfront palace in Playa Langosta. This estate, with five bedrooms and seven and a half bathrooms, will surely make your jaw drop as soon as you walk in the door. Casa Roca has an ocean view infinity pool, a private gym, ample outdoor space, a barbecue area, a full kitchen, and intricate artwork and interior touches. The steps to the cabana are actually made from ballast stones recovered from a 16th-century Spanish galleon that sank off the coast of Costa Rica. This private house is a superb choice for your big getaway with family or friends, or for a special occasion celebration.
The March House
The March House is a dreamy vacation home situated on the shores of Mal Pais. This five-bedroom home was designed so that the entire house could be opened up. The open-air concept allows the cool ocean breeze to flow in and the sounds of the tropics to fill the airwaves. This private property is a beautiful little utopia. There is a lovely manicured lawn, hammocks beneath palm trees, a full kitchen and spacious dining area, and plenty of outdoor and indoor lounging space. This is one of the most amazing and affordable beachfront homes on the Nicoya Peninsula.
Casa Olivia is an inviting beachfront home in Playa Grande, which is part of the Las Baulas National Marine Park. This alluring home has four bedrooms and five bathrooms and can comfortably sleep 13 guests. The house has wraparound porches on both levels, a simply kept lawn, and plenty of comfy chairs on the patio that are ideal for watching Playa Grande’s spectacular sunsets and sipping cocktails. There is also a pool, a fully equipped kitchen, and a little studio. There aren’t very many beachfront homes in Playa Grande, but this one is definitely one of the most amazing.
Flamingo Cove 8
This dazzling boutique home in Playa Flamingo is nothing short of amazing. There are three bedrooms, five beds, three bathrooms, and two swimming pools. The views of Flamingo Bay are exceptionally dreamy. Your patio is the kind of place where you could sit all day long and marvel at the sea. There is a fully equipped and newly updated kitchen and everything you need to feel as if you are in a home away from home. The beach, restaurants, bars, supermarket, bank, spa, yoga studio, and tour companies are all within minutes of this home.
Casa Uno is part of a small complex of boutique beach homes just steps away from the picturesque and peaceful Playa Avellenas. This two-bedroom and one-bathroom home is an ideal getaway spot for couples, small families, or a group of your closest friends. The design is modern and open, but warm and inviting. There is a fully equipped kitchen that opens up onto the patio, which is where you will be likely to spend the majority of your time when you are home. This airy tropical home is not only cute, but quite amazing too, as it blends nature, off-the-grid privacy, and luxury into one.
Casa de las Brisas
Casa de las Brisas is a spectacular ocean view home overlooking Manuel Antonio. This five-level luxury home has 10 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms, a game room, a video library, a barbecue, spacious dining areas, and three pools. Personal chef services, daily maid services, and a private concierge are also included. This is the biggest vacation rental in Manuel Antonio. Casa de las Brisas is your own private mansion in one of the most beautiful areas on the Pacific coast. You are conveniently located close to a number of activities and attractions, including the Manuel Antonio National Park. If you are looking for an amazing and affordable (if you come with a large group) beach home, this is it!
Casa Punta Tranquilo
Casa Punta Tranquilo is located on Playa Cocles, a three-minute walk to the beach, bars, and restaurants and just half a mile (one kilometer) away from Puerto Viejo on the Caribbean coast. What’s amazing about this adorable little home is that it was designed to open up so that you can relax on the patio, your room, or in the living room, while still feeling connected to the delightful outdoors and nature. The design and decor are simple and yoga-vibe inspired. The location really couldn’t be any better, either.
Casa Macondo is a stunning three-bedroom, two-bathroom, two-story villa that is part of a four-villa compound called Batik Villas in Playa Hermosa, Santa Teresa. This luxurious, spacious, and colorful villa is an incredible place to call your home base while exploring this captivating part of Costa Rica. The entire house opens up so that you can truly enjoy the fresh air and sounds of nature. Casa Macondo has a full kitchen, a large dining area, a private pool, and a beautiful garden.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.