Men’s fashion in Jamaica is big business; the endless parties, beaches and bars are places to see and be seen. Bright colors rule but the absolute pinnacle of fashion is pure white, head to toe. Inspired by Diner en Blanc, the all-white dress code has filtered across the social scene in Jamaica to become the sartorial choice for those wishing to be noticed at any event. Jamaicans are not known for being shy, and the fashion scene has some brave offerings. Here, Culture Trip puts its well-heeled foot forward while exploring where to shop for menswear in Kingston, Jamaica.
Mark Anthony Designs
A popular and well-loved Kingston menswear boutique, Mark Anthony Designs offers fashion guidance and clothing to the discerning Caribbean man about town. On offer are a selection of blazers and shirts and a range of shoes that wouldn’t look out of place on the French Riveria. The store also has an excellent selection of accessories including ties, cravats and pocket squares to add a touch of personal style to any outfit. This boutique also has a tailoring service and offers gift certificates and rechargeable gift cards.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Mark Anthony Designs, 10 Argyle Rd Kingston 10 Jamaica +1 876 946 1460
Dedicated followers of fashion will not be disappointed to find autumn florals and prints in abundance at Closet Cloud. Men’s tailored jackets and shirts make a fashionable nod to things floral and are perfect for being noticed at a party. The excellent footwear selection will ensure top to toe sartorial elegance for Kingston’s men about town.
ARI’s Fashion Imperium
This online fashion boutique offers a selection of chinos and checked shirts to keep the hipster in your life happy. ARI’s also stocks men’s accessories including ties, shoes and a range of watches. Claiming to command rather than follow fashion, ARI’s offers a wide range of casual slim-fit shirts for style-conscious Kingstonians. The online catalog is updated frequently and is also available in the U.S. Depot located on the accessible Constant Spring Road.
Lee’s Fifth Avenue
Lee’s has been dressing the capital’s men (and women) for the last 40 years. There’s a treasure trove of items to suit every style and budget, from safari jackets to Hawaiian-print shirts and everything in between. Looking ahead to fashions of spring/summer ’17, pinks of every shade can be found here. Lee’s Fifth Avenue also has a fine selection of men’s blazers in a range of bold colors, and the shirts to match. There’s also a gift wrapping and personal styling service available.
Inspired by American bling, Micnad provides a polished finish to the men’s fashion scene in Kingston. Slogan T-shirts, big gold medallions and bold colors rule the shelves. The store carries a range of big names brands including Nike, Timberland and Converse amongst others. The excellent range of men’s accessories, including hats, shoes and sunglasses, will ensure Kingston’s men remain at the top of their fashion game. Fashion favors the brave at Micnad.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.