Regular yoga practice improves physical, mental and spiritual well-being. Making time for deliberate practice is one of the most life-enhancing habits a person can develop. Yoga can bring balance to city life by countering the noise, the dirt, the stress with tranquillity and inner-calm. Deeper self-reflection helps bring kindness and compassion to the surface, making the world a better place for everyone. For such a small city, Kingston has a good choice of yoga studios catering to all abilities and styles. Whether you prefer to take your class outdoors in the fresh Caribbean air or in an air-conditioned studio, Kingston has something for you.
Where better to take a yoga class than on a rooftop balcony surrounded by lush mountain greenery, with breathtaking views over Kingston? The setting is uplifting; gazing across the city somehow makes it easier to mentally take a step back and get into the zone. This is truly a place for mind, body and spirit to be free. Traditional yoga techniques are blended with the roots vibe of Rastafarianism for a real Jamaican yoga experience. Every Thursday evening, under the Caribbean stars it runs Kemetic/ Vinyasa fusion classes. Skyline Yoga also offers prenatal yoga and instruction for children.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Skyline Yoga, 6B Skyline Drive, Jacks Hill +1 876 892 2337
Meaning health and harmony in Kiswahili, this serene yoga sanctuary in the heart of bustling Kingston is a must-visit for all yoga and pilates enthusiasts. This is the perfect place for self-reflection and meditation after a busy day in town. The teachers at Afya will help you become a better version of yourself in no time at all. Classes are held daily and every Thursday evening, you can replenish your vinyasa flow with candlelight yoga.
Afya, 2D Bamboo Avenue, Kingston, Jamaica +1 876 977 6735
TrueSelf, Center of Being
An oasis set within a concrete jungle of a city, this unique community space offers affordable healing and wellness practice for all. There are also classes in meditation, reiki, drumming and energy work. Taught classes are mainly Ashtanga and Vinyasa. TrueSelf also run sessions for toddlers and children. Classes are run on a donation/exchange basis and clients contribute only what they can afford to keep this sacred community space up and running.
TrueSelf, Center of Being, 14 Roselle Avenue, Kingston, Jamaica +1 876 819 7899
The newest addition to the Kingston yoga scene offers large air-conditioned studios in a quiet complex tucked behind the busy Barbican road. Its popular power yoga is an offshoot of Ashtanga yoga, good for building stamina, strength and flexibility. For something a little more soothing, try the Restorative class; good for beginners, it offers basic yoga postures focused on breathing, alignment and awareness.
Bikram Yoga Jamaica
This studio is named after Indian yoga guru Bikram Choudhury and is comprised of 26 postures conducted in a heated studio. Benefits are said to include improved flexibility, balance and stamina. This is the only Bikram studio in the capital and Kingstonian’s can’t get enough of it — even when the average daily temperature in Kingston is 80-85°F! BYJ hosts periodic retreats for those seeking a more focused break from the stress of daily life. Classes run Monday through Sunday. Don’t forget your towel!
Bikram Yoga Jamaica, 17 Latham Avenue, Kingston, Jamaica +1 876 622 4518
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.