With flashy Montego Bay, idyllic Negril and lively Kingston, Jamaica is found on many a bucket list. Some visitors might shelter in resorts, but this Caribbean island deserves to be explored. So, whether you want to hike the Blue Mountains, swim in the Luminous Lagoon or visit the Bob Marley Museum, book a villa for more flexibility and privacy. Even better, plenty come with resort-style amenities, so you won’t be missing out on those either. Here’s our pick of the best villas in Jamaica to book on Culture Trip.
Come to Rondel Village for the freshest, hyper-local produce around, plucked straight from the onsite vegetable garden. You can also tuck into Caribbean fare – try escovitch fish with bammy, or jerk chicken – at the seaside restaurant. Backing onto the Seven Mile Beach, dinner views are magical. These Jamaica villas all come with a wraparound veranda and a hammock, while a pool winds through the complex.
Snorkel the reef, laze in the infinity pool, and dance barefoot to live bands at the frequent beach fiestas. These villas in Jamaica – plus some guest rooms – are found on 44ha (110 acres) of land, along with a spa, a kids’ club and a restaurant. You won’t need to venture far to begin the day – enjoy a cooked-to-order breakfast on your private terrace, prepared by your housekeeper.
Head north to Ocho Rios, and stay at Prospect Estate, where five waterfront villas in Jamaica are hugged by tropical trees and plant life. It was originally home to Sir Harold Mitchell – who purchased the estate unseen in the 1930s – and used it to grow crops including Jamaican pimento, coconuts and limes. It’s now a health-forward getaway, where jogging trails, a tennis court, a gym and active tours make it a good choice for the more energetic traveller.
For a five-star villa stay in Negril, this is ideal. Guests are allocated a personal chef, housekeeper and butler, plus in-room spa services. Hobie cats, paddleboards and catamaran adventures provide the thrills. Access to the extensive sports facilities at the nearby Couples Swept Away resort is also included. Six premier villas range from one to five bedrooms and are popular with the glitterati, so keep your eye out for celebrity guests.
For exclusivity and lots of living space, hire this six-bedroom Portland villa at the Geejam Hotel. Modern art hangs on the walls, high ceilings create an expansive feel, and chic terraces are furnished with sleek loungers. Forest and ocean views provide the backdrop for outdoor dining (meals are planned daily), and the Jolly Boys mento band plays weekly. There’s also an onsite music studio, where Drake, Kanye West and Amy Winehouse have all recorded.
Catering for up to eight guests, the four-bedroomed Panorama Villa in Jamaica sits within the Geejam Hotel estate. The resort, which sits at the foot of the Blue Mountains, has a gym, a steam room, a pool, private staff, lush landscape views, weekly entertainment, recording facilities and indoor-outdoor dining options – whether self-catered or crafted by your private cook.
Two minutes from the beach in the romantically named Runaway Bay, this 12-person villa in Jamaica has plenty of staff: a housekeeper, chef, gardener, security guard and caretaker, and, for stays more than five nights, a full-time driver. There are four ocean-view rooms, and one looking over the gardens. Most days, however, will be spent around the private swimming pool or dipping in and out of the Jacuzzi.
A 24-hour white-glove butler service, private chefs, a spa, watersports and as much food and drink as you desire come as standard at Bluefields Bay. Six villas with a pool, ranging from two to six bedrooms, have their own personalities and ensure holidays can be tailored to couples, groups, and families of all ages. A helipad will provide you with a true VIP arrival.
For more options, discover our guide on the best hotels in Kingston, Jamaica, and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.