Christopher Columbus once described Jamaica, the third-largest Caribbean island, as “the fairest isle that eyes have beheld.” It’s hard to argue with his assessment, especially if you swim in the dramatic Blue Lagoon, trek the Blue Mountains or laze on the sands of Seven Mile Beach. See it for yourself and plan a romantic boutique escape in Port Antonio or an all-inclusive resort holiday in Montego Bay at one of the best places to stay in Jamaica – all bookable with Culture Trip.
Book one of the smart suites at this Montego Bay resort, where you can operate the curtains, mood lighting and surround sound system via an in-room tablet, and full-length glass doors open to a private balcony or terrace with a soaking tub. When you venture outside your room, you’ll find high-octane pool parties, water sports, trendy lounges and live shows at this all-inclusive adults-only resort. And if that’s not enough, you can cross the hotel sky bridge to access the amenities at two other resorts, Secrets Wild Orchid and Secrets St James.
The Spanish Court Hotel in Jamaica features Mediterranean villa-style architecture with sleek contemporary interiors. Each of the 125 rooms and suites features dark wood and a rouge color palette, along with blackout blinds, Roman soaking tubs and yoga mats. You can spend your days on one of the comfortable beds around the Cabana Pool while sipping cocktails from the bar before heading upstairs to the Sky Terrace lap pool for the party at night.
Arranged across three main buildings – Wood & Water, Bamboo and Blue Mountain – this resort brings you closer to nature. A peaceful private beach, yoga classes, meditation sessions, a spa and an array of healthy organic dishes ensure it’s one of the best places to stay in Jamaica for those seeking a holistic break. The all-inclusive package includes complimentary wellness experiences, gourmet dining and premium spirits.
Baby, mini and teen clubs, a choice of eight places to eat, access to four beaches, minigolf and a family pool make this a good option if you’re traveling with children. However, the Grand Palladium Jamaica Resort and Spa is not just about keeping kids entertained. Adults-only areas, a plush spa with a beauty salon, several bars, sports courts and archery mean there’s plenty for grown-ups, too.
Romantic ocean-view rooms designed by Ralph Lauren and Jamaican-style villas (Sir Noël Coward was the original owner of Villa 3) await guests staying at Round Hill. Every night here is an event, with themed gatherings, in-villa catering menus or seaside restaurant dining created by executive chef Martin Maginley. Having amassed a wealth of accolades since its opening in the 1950s, this resort is a long-standing Montego Bay favorite.
In Port Antonio, an area known as the Jamaican Riviera, this hotel with a spa is flanked by jungle and a cliffside coast, with a private beach below. With just 13 villas, Trident is one of the more elite resorts. It’s home to two restaurants, including one of the most interesting evening venues on the island, Mike’s Supper Club, a speakeasy-style cabaret lounge hosting live calypso music.
From a lofty perch on one of the highest mountains in Jamaica, Silent Waters Villa proffers epic sea and Great River vistas. It’s a sought-after place to stay in Jamaica for those arranging large-scale, high-luxury family escapes. You can hire the whole place and, with an on-site helipad, arrive in VIP fashion. Five villas accommodate a total of 18 guests (although you can also rent the owner’s home, taking that number to 20), and 14 staff members wait on your every need.
A rustic, breezy vibe, vibrant Jamaican furnishings and pastel decor are found at the peaceful Somewhere West. This Negril guesthouse has four self-catering apartments arranged across two floors; the owners also live on-site, providing a personal feel. A ladder provides direct sea access (on calm days, the snorkeling is superb), and the retreat also has a saltwater pool, a large deck and a thatched hut with a dining area.
Beachfront Modern is a six-bedroom villa with butler service, a private infinity pool and a tennis court. It’s right on the beach, with restaurants and shops with walking distance, and the airport is about a 10-minute taxi ride away. There are mango, banana, ackee and plantain trees on the lush grounds, and you’ll be treated to their fruits daily.
Want to discover more of the top places to stay in Jamaica? Read our expertly curated guide to the best boutique hotels in Jamaica. Or if you’re looking for the perfect place to unwind, check out our pick of the best spas And wellness centres in Jamaica.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.