There is never a dull moment when you’re dating or in a relationship with a Jamaican. If Jamaica‘s unique and vibrant culture is any indication, Jamaicans are eccentric, colourful and always the life of the party. Having a Jamaican in your life opens a new world of adventure, laughter, romance and excitement. Here are eight reasons why you should date a Jamaican.
Jamaicans are very creative
In dating a Jamaican, you will realize that they know how to make the most out of very little. Jamaicans are some of the most creative people on the planet and it is evident in the island’s unique culture. Whether it’s with making meals, dates or other aspects of the relationship, a Jamaican’s creative side will be a huge part of dating because creativity largely influences their life.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
They make great travel buddies
With all the beautiful places in Jamaica to see, Jamaicans are natural explorers which makes them great travel partners. Jamaicans love good food, adventure and new experiences so exploring a new town or country with them is perfect. Being a tourist in their own culture has made them aware and prepared, all the while being adventurous.
You will learn Jamaican Creole
Jamaican Creole is one of the most sought-after Creole languages in the world. The language is mimicked all over international media, on the news, films and TV shows and in music. No matter which language they learn to speak or whichever country they live, Jamaican Creole will always be the mother-tongue of Jamaicans. When dating a Jamaican, you will be sure to pick up on a few Jamaican Creole words and phrases.
Jamaicans can always make you smile
Jamaicans are some of the most hilarious people you will ever meet. The island is known for its culture and beautiful landscape, but more than that, the reputation of the people. Jamaicans are friendly and charming and always bring their colourful personalities into any situation. The energy of Jamaican people is infectious and will leave you laughing till your stomach hurts.
Delicious Jamaican food
The delicious Jamaican cuisine is loved by many around the world. Of course, growing up in a country that is known for such delicious dishes makes Jamaicans huge foodies. Whether its cooking or going out to restaurants, dating a Jamaican is sure to involve lots of food.
Jamaicans are great dancers
Reggae and Dancehall are a huge part of Jamaican culture. Jamaicans love music and are excellent dancers. The beats and bass lines of the dominant genres create a party atmosphere and growing up in Jamaica, dancing becomes a part of you. Your date will teach you some of the fun Jamaican dance moves that you can use when attending Dancehall or Reggae parties or concerts.
Jamaicans always know how to have fun
One stereotype that is true about Jamaicans is that they are the life of the party. Jamaicans know how to have fun anywhere they are. They bring their colourful personalities, friendly spirit and charm into any situation. When dating a Jamaican, you’ll always be in for a fun-loving time.
You will be introduced to the vibrant culture
The small island of Jamaica has a vibrant and unique culture that has had a huge impact on the rest of the world. Reggae, Dancehall and the delicious cuisine are some of Jamaica’s most popular exports. When dating a Jamaican, you will also learn about the island’s rich history and a few of the cultural icons such as Bob Marley, Grace Jones and Usain Bolt are sure to be topics of conversation.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.