Escape to a Caribbean paradise on the Dutch island of Aruba, famed for its white-sand beaches and turquoise water. Explore secret coves by SUP board, bounce through Arikok National Park in a 4WD, and finish the day with an ariba rum cocktail in the capital, Oranjestad.
Aruba is an idyllic escape for sun- and thrill-seekers. This Antilles island off the coast of Venezuela is only 20 miles (32km) long and 6 miles (10km) wide, so it’s easy to explore the casinos, beaches and hiking trails from wherever you stay. If you want excitement, entertainment and unequalled R&R, check out these vacation homes along Aruba’s northern coast – now bookable with Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Marriott’s Aruba Ocean Club makes it difficult to dare leave your oceanfront villa. Each of the one- and two-bedroom suites is just a beach-ball toss away from the property’s pool, spa and beach loungers. Pamper yourself with a massage, body treatment and facial, before hailing a cab 10 minutes south for a shopping spree at Renaissance Mall. If your beau would rather sit out the shopping experience, send them 5 minutes down the road to Guillermo Prospero Trinidad Stadium to catch a football match.
Sip mai tais in the shade of a private palm-frond canopy in this eight-person villa, only 10 minutes from the beach. No matter which of the four bedrooms you call dibs on, you’re only a hop, skip and cannonball into the backyard pool. If you don’t want too many lazy days on your schedule, feel the ocean breeze in a new way with lessons at Vela Windsurf & Kitesurf or at Skydive Aruba.
How do you define a stay in paradise? Perhaps a private villa for nine, with a swimming pool, a sun-drenched terrace and three cool bedrooms to soothe your sunburn. If you want a change of scenery, you can flip-flop your way from poolside to oceanside in less than 15 minutes. This vacation rental in Aruba is fully equipped with a kitchen, a barbecue grill and an outdoor dining area, perfect for cooking out all day with groceries from the Ting Wei Supermarket across the street.
This luxurious two-bedroom condo for six proves that you don’t need to be on the beach to enjoy Aruba to its fullest. Located in Noord, approximately a 10-minute drive from Palm Beach, you can hop on a shuttle to the shore or stay at the condo for a swim in the pool. A kitchen and outdoor barbecue area make cooking a breeze, but Cafe 080 around the corner always has a plate of Dutch-style french fries, ready for you in a pinch.
Up to eight high-rollers can hit the jackpot with this condo near the casinos. Four bedrooms let you wake up and stroll to Palm Beach within 15 minutes. Furnished patios and separate living rooms provide plenty of privacy for you and your guests. When you’re feeling lucky, hit up Stellaris, the Hilton or one of the other casinos along the beach, then spend your winnings on a sunset cruise with champagne.
This adults-only studio apartment for three lets you live the Palm Beach lifestyle with an Aruban twist. Within 20 minutes, you can walk away from its nautical decor onto the shores of Palm Beach. Rain won’t ruin your day, as the baccarat and blackjack tables at the Hyatt Regency Casino are only steps from the sand. If you’d rather steer clear of card sharks, the snorkelling tours with Octopus Aruba will get you into the deep with a few friendly dolphins.
Get wild with a studio stay in Little Jungle Apartments. Three separate one-bedroom apartments feature minimalist kitchens, private bathrooms and either patios or lanais. A three-bedroom house is also available for up to four guests. Though only service animals are allowed on the property, you can get up close and personal with the island’s exotic inhabitants at the nearby Bubali Bird Sanctuary and Butterfly Farm.
Wake up in a king-sized bed at this picturesque, periwinkle-blue studio on the fringes of Arikok National Park. Inside, it’s all burnt-orange tiling, and tall glass doors, flanked by hanging plants, open onto meandering pathways that lead to a crystal-clear swimming pool surrounded by towering cacti. Guests can admire the stunning views – and spectacular sunsets – from the comfort of the deck or get a taste of adventure hiking in the national park right outside. To make the most of the island, renting a car is advised and will not be a wasted expense, when the opportunity to channel your inner John Wick awaits at the Parkietenbos Paintball Field nearby.
This gorgeous, one-bedroom sun trap is far from the hubbub of touristy areas and welcomes guests with its sunshine-yellow walls and palm-shaded pool. Inside, wooden floors and oak doors lead to bright spaces in a variety of sunset shades and off-whites. The stunning shared outdoor space has plenty of seating and a picnic table perfect for romantic, home-cooked meals. Framed by sandy shores and woodland, the apartment is situated in Savaneta, a 4-minute walk from Baby Beach and a stone’s throw from a range of seafood restaurants, including the highly recommended Zeerovers.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.