Planning your next vacation to a tropical paradise? Give the Dutch-Caribbean island of Aruba a try. It’s got some of the best beaches in the world – and you’ll enjoy spectacular snorkelling and diving in beautifully transparent seas. Don’t forget to check out the tax-free shopping at the harbour – and make your money stretch to the max by staying at a luxury all-inclusive hotel. We’ve handpicked the best for you here, bookable with Culture Trip.
If you want a slice of authentic Caribbean, consider this all-inclusive hotel – it incorporates local touches in jaunty blue-and-white rooms, elevating what could be a generic beach break into a distinctly Aruban experience. Max up your tan around the outdoor pool, or sign up for the twice-weekly scuba diving lessons. Seven restaurants keep guests sated – Kyoto is a winner for Asian food – and, if you’re feeling lucky, have a flutter at the hotel’s casino before retiring to bed.
Here’s one where the kids won’t get to run riot – adults-only Riu Palace Antillas Hotel is one of the best all-inclusive resorts in Aruba; particularly if you want to let your hair down. Beyond its fabulous setting on the shores of Palm Beach, there are complimentary cocktails to slurp at the beach bar. Alternatively, have a romantic meal under the stars – five restaurants, including Italian and Japanese, cover the ground. Expect nights of live music and dancing as well as a casino. Which just leaves revival time the next day at the spa.
1.5mi (2.4km) of pure sand are only the beginning at Divi Aruba: beyond the spectacular white sands of Druif Beach, this all-inclusive hotel in Aruba rolls out plenty of lush gardens, with four pools and more than enough sun decks to go round. Rooms here – pick from garden view, beachside, pool view, ocean view and oceanfront – are urban-comfy, all dark woods and blue trim; dining is delicious, with five restaurants spanning pizzas to vegetarian. Guests get a complimentary pass to the sister hotel, the Tamarijn Aruba – join in weekly sessions of Zumba, yoga and pilates, or try the climbing wall.
Fans of Caribbean music love this place – there’s a great steel band that plays at mealtimes at the laid-back Manchebo Resort & Spa. And, speaking of meals, the range of restaurants is impressive, with options such as smoothies and coconut toast at Ilke’s Bistro or shrimp in curry sauce at the Red Parrot. This is a sociable place, with one of the best all-inclusive Tuesday night cocktail parties in Aruba, aided by a rum punch or two. Or doze off with the breeze caressing your shoulders in the massage cabins on the beach.
With a mile-long beach, the Tamarijn has one of the most coveted offerings on the Aruba all-inclusive hotel circuit. It’s been designed with laid-back luxury in mind, hence the sparely designed, urban-sexy rooms with futon-style beds, the cool pool and the cocktail bar overlooking the long sands. There’s plenty to keep the family occupied, with a supervised kids’ club and nightly entertainment. Roll up for evening events ranging from circus acts, fire swallowing and live music to movie nights, karaoke and salsa dancing lessons.
Stay at the Divi Village Golf & Spa, and you’ll be in holiday mode the minute you glimpse at the relaxed island style foyer. The dining will seduce you again and again – be it with beef stroganoff at the Windows on Aruba Restaurant or with cheese-laden brick-oven pizzas at Mulligan’s Golf Cafe Bar and Restaurant. The grounds are dotted with freshwater pools and sun terraces, there’s a waterslide for kids, and it’s a short walk to the white sands of Druif Beach. The grounds are expansive, but a free shuttle service links the sister resorts and amenities.
A good time is always helped by unlimited drinks, and the Hotel Riu Palace resort, in scenic Palm Beach in Aruba, certainly lines them up generously. No wonder this is one of the most popular adults-only all-inclusive hotels in Aruba. Based on a princess palace, the hotel has plenty of quirky features, such as oversized crystal chandeliers and stained-glass ceilings and a liberal dose of zebra print. But rooms are more classic, and the spa is positively sedate, with low lighting and hypnotic massage treatments.
Dine al fresco with cool ocean breezes and endless ocean views of Palm Beach at the romantic, all-inclusive Divi Resort Phoenix Beach. You’ll get faultless Caribbean hospitality in this beach-themed home from home, run by noticeably friendly staff. Choose from a spacious studio suite or a one-, two- or three-bedroom suite, all of them with stylish kitchens. If you need a break from your sun lounger, there are plenty of pools as well as a golf course, tennis courts and a wildlife sanctuary to keep you occupied until you’re ready for your next cocktail.
Heading to Curaçao? Discover our guide to the best hotels on the island and book now on Culture Trip.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.