Part of the joy of exploring a new destination is uncovering its hidden gems, and in Pattaya, Thailand, the coffee shops and cafes offer a delightful escape for travelers seeking relaxation and local flavors. From charming and cozy spots to trendy hangouts, Pattaya boasts an array of inviting cafes where you can take a break, sip on a cup of aromatic coffee, and indulge in the city’s delectable treats. Join us as we freshen up the intro and dive into the best places in Pattaya to immerse yourself in the city’s vibrant cafe culture.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
La Boulange French Bakery
This authentic French bakery in the middle of Pattaya, Thailand is a real treat! La Boulange French Bakery has been running for quite a few years and is popular among travellers, expats and the local Thai community. Choose from a quick morning coffee and croissant, a selection of delicious pastries, or savoury sandwiches and paninis. La Boulange French Bakery bakes its own homemade breads and also has seating outside for you to enjoy.
Bake n Brew
Bake n Brew is a local Pattaya favourite! Their award-winning coffee blend is delicious and comes with a kick and the food is simply outstanding. This the perfect location for a brunch with friends or to relax with a good book. Our top tip is to try the mouthwatering delicious lemon cheesecake.
Readers Cafe is a stylish cafe with an attached guesthouse. Sit back and relax while you read one of the hundreds of books lining the shelves, do a spot of work or marvel at the quirky ornaments. The food and drinks menu is extensive, to say the least, and has something for everyone.
Miss T’s Cupcakes
As the title suggests Miss T’s Cupcakes specialises in beautiful and delicious cupcakes. They also craft other cakes, including gluten-free and dairy free options. Both cupcakes and cakes can be made to order for special occasions. Teas, coffees and shakes are available on the drinks menu to enjoy in the cosy cafe environment. If that doesn’t sound like enough, the fun does not stop there! At Miss T’s Cupcakes, you can also enjoy a spot of pampering with a foot massage or partake in a cupcake baking class, which is suitable for the whole family.
Pirate Bay Cafe
Pirate Bay Cafe is a popular cafe with views of Jomtien Beach. This pirate-themed cafe is family friendly and has an extensive menu from coffees to cocktails, Thai specialities to international favourites. If you’re looking for a place to relax and bring the kids, Pirate Bay Cafe will likely keep the family entertained for a few hours.
Dao Cafe is part of a hotel with the same name that also has an attached restaurant and bar. Dao Cafe in Pattaya offers great coffees, pastries, desserts and more! At Dao Cafe the prices are reasonable and the staff are friendly – what more could you want?
Jasmin’s cafe is a super cute and cosy cafe with an authentic Thai touch. Open for breakfast, lunch and dinner Jasmin’s cafe serves tasty coffees, shakes and smoothies along with Thai food and a selection of international dishes.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.