Whether you religiously follow a plant-based diet or fancy a healthier meal, Pattaya has a fantastic selection of vegetarian and vegan restaurants for some delicious meat-free grub.
Located in Chonburi Province and on the Gulf of Thailand, Pattaya is the country’s self-proclaimed City of Sin. Famous for its energetic nightlife, you’ll definitely need to keep your energy levels up! Pattaya has an abundance of restaurants to suit all tastes, including these excellent vegan and vegetarian eateries – proving not everything in Pattaya needs to be sinful.
Destinations Unlocked:Let our travel expert Stefano help you find your perfect Culture trip
Looking for an expert's perspective?Uncover my top 3 recommended places from each continent on the map.
1. GuatemalaAn express adventure for those with limited time off. Prepare yourself incredible experiences. You will hike a volcano, visit mayan temples and witness a ceremony and take in beautiful colonial Antigua.
2. BelizeA quick trip not too far away for those seeking a relaxing mini break. You will have plenty of free time to relax but also some awesome activities to experience the rainforest and the caribbean sea.
3. MexicoAn exciting mini trip exploring the lesser known colonial towns of central Mexico. This is hte perfect trip for someone with limited time off and still wants to turn on explorer mode and do something different.
1. EcuadorA remarkable 8 days adventure through the Andes and the Amazon rainforest. The best choice for adventure seekers wishing to visit the 2 most iconic areas of South America, in only 1 week and no flights.
2. PeruAn alternative itinerary to classic Peru, from Cusco to Arequipa. This itinerary is great combination of highlights Cusco and Machu Picchu with the lesser known Arequipa and Colca Canyon.
1. ItalyThe ultimate Italian experience from the vibrant streets of Naples to the breathtaking sceneries of the Amalfi Coast followed by Matera and down to Puglia with its golden beaches, intense flavours and fascinating destinations.
2. ScotlandEmbark on this great adventure starting from London all the way to Scotland with a true Scottish experience made of breathtaking sceneries, whisky tasting and ..lots of fun! Ideal for train lovers and explorers.
3. PortugalA wonderful train journey around Portugal, from the romantic city of Porto to the Douro Valley, to the beautiful Aveiro all the way to Lisbon and Sintra. The perfect trip to train, culinary and culture lovers.
1. South KoreaDiscover incredible temples, mountains and modern cities on this 10 day adventure. This trip is perfect for those seeking immersion in the cuisine, culture and natural wonders of South Korea.
2. ThailandFrom Bankgok to Angkor Wat to Ho Chi Minh City and everything in between - adventure through the heart of South-East Asia. Taste the delights, see history brought to life and unwind on a Mekong River cruise.
3. Sri LankaA fantastic adventure that showcases Sri Lanka's fantastic landscapes, wildlife and flavours. With 3 epic rail journeys, 3 UNESCO heritage sites and time to relax, this trip has loads to offer at a great price
1. MoroccoAn epic journey across Morocco: from Casablanca to Marrakech, through the blue city of Chefchaouen to the wonders of the desert and deep to the High Atlas Mountains - this trip has it all! Ideal for true explorers!
2. EgyptFrom Cairo to Aswan, this trip brings the land of the pharaohs to life. You'll visit the Pyramids, Valley of the Kings and Luxor Temple and cruise down the Nile in style. This is the perfect way to explore Egypt.
Pattaya’s Kitchen J is a terrific place for veggies to enjoy Thai cuisine without worrying about hidden meat ingredients. The restaurant serves jay food, a diet that follows Chinese Buddhist vegan principles with no animal derivatives. You’ll find mock meats and a huge assortment of vegetables. Load your plate up with ‘pork’ and holy basil, stir-fried vegetables and noodles for a worry-free feast at a very reasonable price.
Most dishes at Five Star J follow jay principles and are suitable for vegans. However, dairy is used in a few meals, so do check before ordering. The restaurant doesn’t use any MSG, chemicals or palm oil so you really can treat your body like a temple! Dishes are also free from onion and garlic for those following a strict jay diet. Enjoy pizza, veggie burgers and risotto, or tuck into ‘chicken’ massaman curry, pineapple fried rice, and soy ‘duck’ noodles for more of a local flavour.
A homey and welcoming restaurant with an intimate vibe, Govindam dishes up pure-veg Southern Indian favourites. The chefs hail from India, so you can be assured of authentic tastes from the subcontinent. All curries are made fresh to order and you can specify your preference when it comes to levels of spiciness. Not quite sure what you fancy? Order a thali for a mouth-watering selection of smaller dishes.
Yes! Vegan is a small restaurant and hostel. The setting is simple but a great deal of care goes into preparing flavourful and attractive vegan meals, combining both Thai and Chinese influences. There are mock meats to dig your teeth into, such as ‘pork’ cutlet, ‘chicken’ burger and roasted ‘duck’. You’ll find plenty of fresh and hearty vegetable-based dishes too, including warming broccoli soup and crisp wraps with wasabi dip.
There’s no need for vegetarians to miss out on tasty Japanese hotpot thanks to A Pot Shabu. Choose your vegetables and tofu from the buffet then cook up a storm right at your table. Add herbs to enhance the flavour, mix your ingredients well in the bubbling broth and, when it’s cooked, pour yourself a bowl of veggie goodness. The restaurant offers a range of vegetarian a la carte meals too, including pasta and pizza.
Located within the large VT Six condo building, VT Six Indian Vegetarian Restaurant (formerly known as Vegetarian Paradise) serves delicious and authentic cuisine from North India. Close to Central Festival Mall, it’s a top spot to refuel after a shopping bonanza. Meals are available for both vegetarians and vegans. Start with samosas and bhajis before enjoying a range of spicy and creamy curries. Don’t forget to order fresh Indian breads, like naan and roti, to mop up the thick gravy.
The large open-air and nature-surrounded Suan Eakaparp Vegetarian is a welcoming restaurant with only vegan fare on the menu. Dishes make full use of ingredients grown on-site, including herbs and edible flowers for pops of colour on your plate. There’s plenty of protein from the tofu and soya-based mock meats. Tuck into popular dishes Thai dishes such as som tam (spicy papaya salad), pad kee mao (drunken noodles), and pak bung (morning glory), all without any animal derivatives.
For a real health kick, check out Rasayana Raw Food Café. Not only is everything vegan-friendly, but the restaurant uses only raw ingredients to create a range of imaginative dishes. All meals are free from wheat and gluten too, and ingredients are organic as much as possible. For a real treat try the signature Rasayana Salad: celery and avocado are among the many ingredients tossed together in a mustard and beetroot dressing, topped with almond, carrot and herbs. Other items include courgette noodles, mushroom burger and beetroot soup.
Tanatan specialises in vegetarian Gujarati food with added Thai twists. Unlike many similar restaurants, alcoholic drinks are available. Portion sizes are generous, but order the Tanatan Special to really send hunger packing. It includes three vegetable dishes, dal (lentils) and salad, served with rice, roti, a papadum and a traditional dessert. Tanatan is a popular eatery so be prepared to wait a short while for a table in the air-conditioned dining room.
With a popular flagship store in Bangkok, Saras is an exciting addition to Pattaya’s vegetarian food scene. Specialising in Indian cuisine from all regions of the country, the huge menu also has a smaller selection of Thai and Chinese dishes. Make sure to leave space for some tantalising homemade desserts, such as gulab jamun, ras malai, and milk cake, too.
Volcanic Iceland Epic Trip
meet our Local Insider
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN A GUIDE?
WHAT DO YOU LOVE ABOUT YOUR JOB?
It's the personal contact, the personal experiences. I love meeting people from all over the world... I really like getting to know everyone and feeling like I'm traveling with a group of friends.
WHAT DESTINATION IS ON YOUR TRAVEL BUCKET-LIST?
I have so many places on my list, but I would really lobe to go to Africa. I consider myself an “adventure girl” and Africa feels like the ULTIMATE adventure!
Every CULTURE TRIP Small-group adventure is led by a Local Insider just like Hanna.
KEEN TO EXPLORE THE WORLD?
Connect with like-minded people on our premium trips curated by local insiders and with care for the world
Since you are here, we would like to share our vision for the future of travel - and the direction Culture Trip is moving in.
Culture Trip launched in 2011 with a simple yet passionate mission: to inspire people to go beyond their boundaries and experience what makes a place, its people and its culture special and meaningful — and this is still in our DNA today. We are proud that, for more than a decade, millions like you have trusted our award-winning recommendations by people who deeply understand what makes certain places and communities so special.
Increasingly we believe the world needs more meaningful, real-life connections between curious travellers keen to explore the world in a more responsible way. That is why we have intensively curated a collection of premium small-group trips as an invitation to meet and connect with new, like-minded people for once-in-a-lifetime experiences in three categories: Culture Trips, Rail Trips and Private Trips. Our Trips are suitable for both solo travelers, couples and friends who want to explore the world together.
Culture Trips are deeply immersive 5 to 16 days itineraries, that combine authentic local experiences, exciting activities and 4-5* accommodation to look forward to at the end of each day. Our Rail Trips are our most planet-friendly itineraries that invite you to take the scenic route, relax whilst getting under the skin of a destination. Our Private Trips are fully tailored itineraries, curated by our Travel Experts specifically for you, your friends or your family.
We know that many of you worry about the environmental impact of travel and are looking for ways of expanding horizons in ways that do minimal harm - and may even bring benefits. We are committed to go as far as possible in curating our trips with care for the planet. That is why all of our trips are flightless in destination, fully carbon offset - and we have ambitious plans to be net zero in the very near future.